How serious is the US "financial crisis"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MPower420, Sep 25, 2008.

1. what do you think? it's got me worried.

2. Very very serious.

You see, your currency is not backed by anything, it is fiat.

So it has come to this point, where it must either collapse, or hyper-inflate.

It WILL happen, its only a matter of time now and you can only post-pone it.

Don't worry, im scared shitless myself.

3. wow. so what's gonna happen to the country as whole? a country cant function without a stable economy. can it cease to exist?

4. Nobody knows for sure my friend. The future is uncertain.

But the currency will reach a breaking point, as I said its only a matter of time.

And at this rate, sooner than later. :(

5. Look at it this way:

The credit boom of the 20's led to the stock market crash of 29, which led to the Great Depression.

The same thing is happening today, except the dollar has no value, America doesn't produce anything, and our debt is through the roof.

6. and we have a 9 trillion dollar debt. economists predict it to be a longer depression then the great depression, though it is possible to live well enough during that time if the government does the right things for us, i.e. tax cuts for the poor and tax raises for the still fortunate to have ekcess money peeps. Bush wants to put a plan through that he says will have a trickle effect, where he gives money to failing corporations and money is supposed to come to us somehow through that, but the problem with that is it doesnt help us much at all, and it keeps a failed business afloat, one that needs to go down with the ship so to speak. there are bad things that come from corporations going under, many yobs are lost and supply of whatever they supplied is lowered, but it comes at the payment of a more diverse market that depends on more small and medium sized bussiness thriving then one multi billion dollar entity. of course thats in a small nutshell that im sure is missing some info.

7. My state alone is set to lose 30k Plus jobs here in the next 10-20 years.

For real, nevada is really hurting right now.

With gas/airline prices, and no extra money to waste, vegas is going to be in a tough ship.

8. probably about 87.42% as serious as you think it is...so yes, it's pretty serious

i'm kind of anxious to see what happens to be honest with you
    (yes i'm american)

9. lets hope we make medical insurance legal and clean energy widespread, those things alone could probably get back thirty thousand yobs, everywhere, since we need more medical and more energy driven yobs anyway, i was thinkin we could probably ask some billionares for a loan to the gorvernment, and they could give billions that we owe them. but with that money we could get cleanner energy, becuz clean energy equals cheaper bills, and free health insurance will equal less bills, so not any taks cuts are encassary...what u guys think of that:confused:

10. Yeah for sure, nevada could harvest solar engergy and sell it to the rest of the country in turn creating tons of jobs and revenue.

We have enough solar energy to power almost the whole country I imagine.

11. QFT.

It's gonna be really bad, really soon.

12. oh yea ur the ones wwith the eopen flat lands over a lot of ur state huh:confused: definite energy right there ur right.

13. Im just waiting for it to get so bad that people start going crazy and rioting

14. #15 wackdeafboy, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    i want that too
    i want be in a riot and start breaking things and looting!!!

15. i think we need a revolution in its most literal form , but its a long way away. if we started now, all or most republicans would prolly fight against us. they are not ready. if obama gets elected and doesnt do what he says,, there is a good spot to revolt. if mccain steals the election, thats a good time to revolt. if Obama is assasinated by some redneck, i hope he isnt , then there is the best time for a revolution. lets not dide down the talk of a revolt though, it is our right, and if they fought against us, we are on the winning side, since the constitution basically says revolt if things arent being done in the peoples favor.

16. I'm kinda shook so money is being moved around like crazy, no chances being taken. The dollar already aint worth shit now.

Looting? that will be going down, Not a riot kinda guy.

it'll be soon enough one more big fuckup that affects alot of people and that will happen.

17. Did you hear about the 12 year old who invented a solar panel that absorbs not only visible light but ultraviolet light too

http://www.switched.com/2008/09/22/12-year-old-invents-breakthrough-solar-panel/

Or we can have large amounts of solar panels in space just outside of the earth's atmosphere that would generate 300% more energy than traditional means. This energy could then be transmitted via micro waves back to the earth's surface.

18. If we go into a great depression who's down to merk bush?

19. I'm down to hit up walmart and target and get food and electronics to sell and give away.