how sensitive are plants to light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xtcking, Mar 21, 2012.

1. i mean the light cycles, i was doing 24/0 lighting for about 2 and a half weeks and then i went with 18/6 for a week and now i want to go 12/12 and get her flowering.

but some days its like 11/13 or 13/11 or 12/12. will that make a huge differance on the plant?

2. could be enough to hermie. go to walmart and buy a $5 timer and your good.

3. Yeah, in veg it's ok if things vary a little. When you're flowering, don't mess with it. I don't know just how much they can take, but I wouldn't want to find out at the expense of my buds. Just get a cheap timer like LilJ said. Problem solved.

4. i went an got one. its been vegging for just over 3 weeks and ive been converting it to 12/12 to get it into flowering, but each day its an hour or 2 different :(

5. Good move! No worries, no harm done yet. Set the timer to 12 hr intervals, and forget it. While we're on the topic, remember that it doesn't take much light to interrupt the cycle so be careful not to go in there during lights off. Also, make sure no light will leak in from anywhere. Just a little caution can really help, you want the best conditions you can provide for the best results!