How RooR got its name.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Illusionist, Apr 15, 2009.

1. So i was reading up on RooR and i found out where the term/name RooR came from. A lot of people believe its from the German word Rohr and that RooR is simply a play on words fromed by that, but an interview with Martin, the founder of this fabulous company, tells how Martin was reading through a science book and saw the word micro-organism. He liked how the Ro-oR flowed in the word micRO-ORganism. So he named his company after it. Thanks for reading. if this is falsified and you have a better explination please feel free to post your comments. This is just something I read.

2. I remember reading this a while ago.. forgot exactly how it went tho so thanx for the reminder

I'm sure many already know this but you may enlighten a few

3. You got it. You can read it on the RooR web site as well I believe.

4. Wow... is that how that happened. That's legit.

5. youve gotta be high to think of that lol

6. Can anyone confirm that he was blazed at the time? Inquisitive minds wanna know...

7. you read that on the roor.de website and then posted it here...

cool?

8. #8 pgs king, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    micro orgasm also works. nice hit = orgasm? makes sense

9. see, that wasnt so hard to be an intellectual, lol. just kiddin man.

10. no i was actually trying to find interviews with roor workers, like the illedelph video i saw, then i stumbled into an archive with all sorts of facts, ill try to find it again and link it.

11. dont come in here an try to ruin the thread dude. i for one have never been to roor.de in my spare time and thus i didnt know this story, yet still found it interesting. im sure others would agree..

12. so is it pronouncer row-or then?

cause if he liked how micro organism sounded, thats what it would sound like

13. just play with the sound man, say it together, smooth. its almost like roar but kinda different.

14. pretty much... lol..

15. haha, I know how it's pronounced, it's called a joke...it's just a strange way to pick a name

16. what car you got mike, i got an 02 GTI, i love it

17. OK here is what you have to think about. This is the guy that created possibly the best glass company in the world, of course he was high.