How risky is it to grow? What is your setup like?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jillybean, Aug 16, 2011.

1. What are my chances of getting caught? I want to grow a nice personal bunch but I want to you know sell a little to some friends. I plan on keeping the whole operation on ultra secret DL. Is it hard to manage the odor? I want to start an indoor grow and I dont want the neighbors to smell it. Im in a college town and all of my neighbors are students. No cops ever really come by. How risky is it? What are some of your setups that you guys have? Id love to see some pictures.

2. Risks are a factor of your environment. If you're growing more than a few plants, you'll really need to combat the smell. I researched a lot on how people get busted, most of the time its due to either selling out of their grow house, landlord finding the plants, or the smell.

Don't sell, Don't smell, Don't Tell.

3. Great advice, I didn't think of the landlord at all really. i don't think it'll be an issue but yeah I think it would have to be really stealthy if I want to avoid being detected by someones radar.

4. For further info on how people get busted...google "Arrested for growing in apartment" or a play on that..

Learn from others mistakes is how I see it..

5. What are my chances of getting caught?
    All depends on how well you can keep it under wraps. If you sell it out of the same place you grow someone will find out, if you have roommates someone will find out. If you don't control your odor someone will find out. It is all on you, if you are smart about it you should be good.

read the stickies
    http://forum.grasscity.com/security/619053-top-10-ways-stay-safe-indoors.html
    start here and keep reading (sound familiar?)

Attached Files:

6. As long as you don't tell anyone, you won't get caught. Nearly all busts are due to someone close, such as a neighbor or ex-friend/ex-girlfriend ratting the grower out.

7. 32.86% :rolleyes:

I hope you realize it is impossible to answer that question. There is a whole sub-forum on security here, read up in there. But the keys really are no tell, no smell, no sell. Also FYI, no talk of selling allowed on GC.

Tell no one means just that, absolutely no one. Selling is the equivalent of telling people -- even if you don't tell people you are growing, you clearly are letting people know you are distributing. And they tell people they know, who tell people they know, and suddenly a whole lot of people know. Then all it takes is one person to get busted for a joint and the cops lean on them to name their source and so to get their charges lowered they name you.

You need a carbon filter for your grow space to handle the odor. Growing MJ stinks like you wouldn't believe.

You need a good grow space that is hidden and ideally not against an outside wall or roof. You will need true fresh air ventilation through the space and be able to maintain temps in the 70sF in there during both lights on and lights off.

Growing in a rental is definitely riskier, you don't have the same privacy rights as a homeowner. Landlords can enter without notice if there is an emergency (which is up to them to decide), so if your neighbor's tub overflows or there is a cockroach infestation they can come in. Even with notice, it's a big challenge to move your grow without anyone seeing you on just 24 hours notice, and then move it back in. Personally I would never grow in a rented space.

8. Pick a strain that has a "air freshener" scent! Fruity, lemon, or pine blend well with similar scented fresheners. Glade has air fresheners with a motion dispenser- just the thing to be near your grow! Anyone gets near it and it will go "spritz"!

Granny

9. The first rule of fight club is, you do not talk about fight club. The second rule of fight club is, you DO NOT talk about fight club. Same apply's to growing. Everyone I ever knew who got popped did so because they opened their mouth. Trust no one but yourself, and I would even keep a close eye on him.