How risky is it for dealers

Discussion in 'General' started by Stride420, Mar 6, 2014.

1. How risky is it for dealers to be talking about selling on the phone and getting texts from people asking to buy some? Does that really get them busted or is it something like if they're already looking into your phone you've already been caught?

Lets say you lose your phone, and the finder gets a call/text from some fuck wanting weed.

Phones are a good tool, just be smart and don't expect the dickhead calling to be smart.

3. #3 black sabbath, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    If you can't do the time, don't do the time NIGGA

edit: GODDAMNIT

4. If we are talking about pot and they aren't a suspect or have already been caught dealing than I don't think it's a big deal at all. Think about how many people are selling drugs every hour of every day. Pot dealers for the most part are just a fly on the wall.

5. I always had a no text policy back when I went through my George Jung days.  The fast cash wasn't worth it in the end. 

6. What happened to you to make you say that?

7. Nothing to worry about unless you have a giant illegal grow op or deal in pounds

8. If they do happen to catch you with a bag and go through your phone, you're risking making a distribution charge out of what might have only been a possession charge. :confused_2: 

My thought was always that there's not really such thing as a dealer who's too cautious. I'd feel more comfortable hooking up through someone who's careful about their activity than someone who's blatantly texting about bags of weed or whatever. :p 

It was time to grow up.. The next tier for me was a level of distributing that I wasn't comfortable with. Selling Elbows gets old after awhile, trust me. The money wasnt worth the stress. The day where I needed to pull my firearm out bc some punk thought he could walk away with a 5 pack was the end of a long chapter. Have to say im alot happy now, than I was in my early years. 

10. Must have been quite an experience though. Idk you seem kind of down about it. You shouldn't though. I guarantee what you did was more exciting than college, diploma, 9-5.
    I just see my life as a big journey, a book, and when I'm 70 and I look back at it I don't want to regret not making it literally "once in a lifetime" kind of journey.

11. The truth is, after seeing the real side of dealing weight.. It just wasn't worth it. I had good times dont get me wrong. Visited places that I probably would never had... But in the end, my life was worth more than making X amount. The journey through life is about seeing yourself advance as a human. Sometimes you just gotta know when to walk away.  

My 9-5 aint really that bad I get to blow glass and make amazing art. Now my main source of income is playing poker. The life of a professional poker player is fun~ 

12. If your going to text about weed, do codenames. Like me and my friends say can i get some qued? And we automatically know what we want. Its better to be safe than sorry the way i see it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Use code names with people you don't know and don't text and during transactions don't say anything that a wire tap could screw you over with.
    With friends that you trust you can do whatever.

14. #14 fruitality, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    the evidence can't be used in court unless it gets subpoenaed during the "investigation" or the "discovery"

at that point your drug dealer is already fucked.

so it doesnt really matter 

15. I was super paranoid when I used to deal, but I also had a variety of inventory beside weed lol... if you are just selling small amounts of ganj then its probably not a problem to talk about it (assuming you're not in a backwards state) but when I got caught up my lawyer made a huge deal about texts, he said its because its such tangible evidence, even compared to recorded voice..

but anyways, don't deal drugs kids flippin sacks aint gonna feed you when you're 99