How Recreational Use of Marijuana Cured My Social Anxiety :)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by koalaclaws1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hello, my name is Vincent and im very new to this site. I saw we could share a story so im deciding to share the story of how recreational use of marijuana cured my SA. Please take note that I am not promoting the use of marijuana to teens, and i'm not saying that it will cure your social anxiety, If you have social anxiety and are taking part in weed than this post may help you out in certain ways to cope with it better.

Now lets get this started:
    I took my first hit of weed at 13 years old(too young, I wish I waited) but it wasn't a usual thing for me til I turned 14 in the summer after 8th grade(still wish I waited). I had great friends, they didn't peer pressure me and made sure I had a alright first time although I didn't get high my first. I started recognizing my soon-to-be very bad social anxiety in about mid 8th grade year, I never wanted to speak to anyone I didn't know, even just walking behind people that I didn't know made me feel extremely awkward. When I started smoking more and more I realized it wasn't only fun, It gave me a new way to create great memories with my friends. Now, here is the main point of the story. I only realize this now but the reason I dont have bad social anxiety anymore is cause of weed, I say this because whenever I smoked all it made me want to do was the opposite of what alot of people say. It didn't make me sit on the couch watching netflix all day eating doritos, it made me want to get out more and meet new people and make more friends. Some of the nicest guys I've met in my life smoke weed, and before I started all people would say is that people who smoke weed are "Druggies" and have "No life" and only do it "to be cool".While I know there are people like that, I never met a single person who smoked weed but only did it to be cool or had no life. Smoking weed made me meet so many new people, it made me want to get out and have fun with myself and friends. Some of the best memories of highschool are when im in a hangout session with my boys smoking a blunt and listening to music. And also by the way, I did fairly well in high school. I was a average student, I wasnt the best at every subject but I did fine and graduated with no problem. When people say that they are stupid because of weed, or they are more lazy. I simply just say cause they let the weed do that to them, in my opinion if you can keep certain priorities and also keep it to moderation and use it for a good reason. Then you shouldn't have a problem. On the other hand, weed does effect people differently from what I've seen.So it all depends on how you feel about it, I had many friends who smoked and then also never smoked again because they "didn't like it" and I was completely fine with that.Nobody peer pressured me in high school to do drugs. With some of my friends I probably wouldn't be friends with them if it wasn't for weed because thats how we connected. Hopefully this goes to show that you can keep priorities while being a recreational user of weed, and even help personal self in multiple ways!.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

2. This is awesome man, I have TERRIBLE anxiety.. I’ve since learned to control it somewhat.. it wasn’t bad in school, to the point of vomit every day before school cause of unexplained anxiety and attacks for no reason. I used weed for a lot of years to control it and worked wonderfully.. it cured my temper issues, I was more socially active on it.. my job just implimented random drug tests so I pretty
    Much had to quit although I do still partake rarely.. my anxiety is back just not as bad.. my wife wishes I could still smoke since I was much more calm to stressful situations and my temper was basically non-existent.. cool to hear stories like yours.. I really hate our government!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great hearing that the reefer helped you cope with your social anxiety. I kind of fall in the same shoe as you in my early years. I remember I was a talkative and social kid all my life, until 8th grade, when my personality just turned a huge 180 and for ten years my life wasn't the same. During those ten years I smoked weed which also helped me a lot to cope with this "shyness" or "anxiety". I don't know about weed making people unproductive etc. In many cases and to be bold I'll say in most cases weed makes the consumer unproductive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I feel ya, hopefully everything works out brotha!

5. I feel ya, hopefully everything works out brotha!

6. I Agree with you man! weed effects everybody differently, it all depends on how you mentally and physically handle it.8th grade+ was definitely rough for me.Glad we feeling the same way

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Weed helped me cure my alcoholism.

• Like Like x 1
  8. late reply but glad to hear that! keep going man

9. Ya man, i know what u mean... my prob was i didnt know i had social anxiety until i was like 35 :( im afflicted w an outgoing personality w SA, so im this outgoing life of the party guy (once someone finally drags me there) but im nervous as heck til im drunk.... that was my life for a long time.

I look back now and wish i had all this variety of weed from 7th grade til now, i woulda got better grades and probably done alot better in school