How quickly can you flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grassrocks, Feb 2, 2015.

1. How quickly can you flower after planting a seed?  I'm not interested in maximizing yield, I just want to try a bunch of different strains.

2. you can force it by going 12/12 pretty much anytime. there is a micro grow section where a lot of growers can help you.

3. First, most growers do not consider the actual light cycle of the plant from the region it comes from

Indicas mostly get a max of 14 day light hours during the summer grow season, and that only briefly

Sats have a longer veg season with day light ~ 15 hours max

So, even though we are growing indoors, the light cycles are built into the strains DNA

For shorter grow needs, go with Indicas

Buy a book that lists the hours by region

4. #5 GoldGrower, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    A plant needs to be sexually mature before it can flower, this takes around 3 weeks from germination. You can switch to 12/12 then and you can harvest 8 weeks later using a fast strain.

Autos take about 10 or so weeks from germination, so if you want multiple strains fast, this is probably your best option

5. The plant needs to become 'sexually mature' first.
    You know when the the is mature enough to flower because it will show its pre flowers. (The first caylxs you see) usually in the main stem by the nodes.

Chef.
    Ha shoulda of read down before I posted we gave near identical answers!

Chef.

6. #7 ProGMOII, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    HC haven't the guys been doing it from shortly after seedlings to get the micros?

Do you get the US Newsweek magazine? If you can find it, it has some great articles you islanders may like. Titled WEED NATION

7. OK, it sounds like autoflowers would be best for my situation so harvest is as quick as possible.  Can any strain be found in autoflower from a good seedbank or are they non-existant for some strains?

You can put them on 12/12 any time you want but it doesn't mean it will have any effect. Until they reach sexual maturity the photoperiod won't effect them

9. There are a lot of auto strains available, some autos don't have a photoperiod sensitive counterpart, and vice versa

10. Sea of green method veges for 1 week max.

I like that method so I can limit height but autoflowers aren't ideal to use with it, right?

12. If you are running autos I guess it would be similar to a sea of green. Autos will flower by themselves but they should be able to stay small enough so that you can fill your tent up with pots side by side with no spacing (pot to pot). So it will kind of be like a sea of green I guess.

13. Yeah but I have 20 inches of vertical space total so even autos are probably too tall.