Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Probation Drug Tests Work

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by killermunchies, Nov 9, 2010.

1. First off, I'm sorry if this isn't the proper section of the forum to ask this question. I figured that there would be some experienced tokers that have gone through the same shit I'm going through right now.

Right now, I'm actually not on probation yet, but I'm out on bail and I'm on a random color code system for drug testing. Obviously, smoking real weed is out of the question but to me, k2 (JWH sprayed on plant matter) is an okay alternative as far as the high goes. I have done two tests so far, the initial test and the second one a week later, which was today. For the first test, they had me piss in a cup which obviously came back positive for THC. They then had me pour it in another cup to get sent off to a lab for more detailed testing. The second time, they had me piss in the cup to get sent off to testing without even using the instant one.

My question is, will they send it away every time or will they stop sending it away after I stop testing positive? I know JWH won't show up for THC in the instant test but they can test for any substance in the lab. I'm playing it safe right now but I was just wondering what I should expect. The testing is being done by Boston Pre-Trial services if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

2. what happens with me is i pee in a cup, and then they put a stick in it to determine whether i've smoked weed or done cocaine recently. it's a color-coded based test, and it only takes 4-5 seconds to conduct.

but my drug counselor would ship off every drug test i had for about a year (and it wasn't even court ordered). so i guess it all depends on how relaxed your P.O is?

my PO personally has made 4 appointments with me, and rescheduled all of them, and didn't even meet me at one of them. so she really just trusts me (or doesn't care). but it all depends on your P.O.

3. dosnt matter k2 or k3 is legal and cannot do anything towards that fact . i am on drug testing to for a possession charge and i smoke k3 as a substitute but they havnt said one thing about it too me.

4. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna play it completely safe as long as they send off the samples to the lab. Even though k2 isn't illegal, I've read about people getting in trouble for testing positive for it during probation. My pretrial agreement only bans controlled substances but I think they would flip a shit if they found it in my piss. I could possibly win a legal fight but that's not what I want to deal with right now. Hopefully they stop sending the samples away once all the THC is out of my system.

5. They can't test for K2 and all those "legal" herbs. I was on probation for about 6 months and what they did was look to see if i pass/fail for thc (you pass if it below 50ml/ml of water or something, not sure of the units) but if it was 50 or below you would pass the ua, so you can still have THC in the system, but it has to be a small amount. If i passed it they would just have me throw it away.