How pot makes you a better parent

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Marapa, Sep 8, 2012.

1. I am that dad,its amazing to see the change the medicine does to help you get through the bs and stress, but do it with a smile on your face and hold your head up

2. I shed some tears as I read that, I was a much more violent Dad prior to my medical card, both mentally and physically. I was also a poor excuse for a husband.:(

What a difference marijuana has made in my life, a day and night difference to be sure!:hello::smoke:

3. That's good to hear man. Keep tokin :smoke:

4. Nice article.

5. Great article. I still struggle with some of the issues he raises. One question: If your kids were college age and had a medical card would you toke with them? I feel like i should let my son know I medicate but I am not comfortable toking with him.

6. [quote name='"shredsw"']Great article. I still struggle with some of the issues he raises. One question: If your kids were college age and had a medical card would you toke with them? I feel like i should let my son know I medicate but I am not comfortable toking with him.[/quote]

Why not? I've smoked with my dad and my stepfather. I mean as long as he's mature about it I don't see an issue. He's an adult, its their choice not something you have control over.

7. #8 ToastyRoadie, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012

No, not a problem, only if you buy the hype. My daughters, 22 and 20, I smoke with on occasion, but my son who is 25, all the time.:hello::D

It is the safest medicine on this planet. :cool:

Read Granny Storm Crows lists.:smoke:

8. Wish my parents blazed, they'd be much happier if they did. =/

9. #10 oltex, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    Marijuana allows me to remain a calm person,,with enuff wisdom to recognize that making some idiots neck the diameter of my penis(got that dialed in)is not the answer.

PS: I love kids,,if they are cooked right,,,and pot makes parents able to understand their children's thoughts easier when they are young and able to ignore them when they get 13 with a 20 year old mouth.

10. the best part of this op-ed is that he wasn't a chronic user and then started his MMJ treatment and saw the drastic change in his interactions with his daughters.

we need more stories like this...

11. yes we do need more stories like this.

12. MJ has helped me have more patience with my 7 year old boy. It makes those kid board games awesome again lol.

the question about smoking with him when he is older, I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I will let you guys know in 11 years lmao

13. Damn ex got pissed when i was high around her kid but it makes it easier to deal with kids for sure i don't have the best patience but after a session i can relax and i got alot more patience

14. once i didn't know if this chick blazes so i brought a joint over and turns out she didnt want to and was freaking out at me for bringing it there with her kid. it was some grade A bs its just a joint settle down lol

15. I loved in hs smoking with my one our friends dad. Happiest guy on earth and always offered the best advice.

16. great post.

17. I smoke with my daughter every time we are togeather, I would rather see all my kids and grandkids smoke rather than drink.

18. it does seem that I am more patient and more interested in what my son is doing when I have smoked, it makes me more patient I think.....when I'm not, which is most of the time I tend to blow him off due to me being so impatient....