How possible would this be? *Video Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Fighter, Dec 14, 2011.

1. So as of yesterday I could get 9 reps of 75 pound dumbbells with a light spot on 7, 8, and 9.

I've been getting pretty damn serious about my progress so I'm wondering if it would be feasible, since I'm hoping I can get 10 reps of 75's alone next chest day, to get 10 reps of 80 by Dec. 31, 10 of 85 by late January, 90 by mid February, 95 by early march, and hope fully any type of reps of 100 by spring break.

I have progressed at a similar pace to this in the past which is why I'm making these goals but wasn't sure how the increased weight would slow me down. Also I found out the issue I had with stalling on increasing the weight was because I kept starting my workout with 70's so I couldn't get enough reps of 75's to make a difference, apparently. So now that I'm sticking with 75's I wanna get into 80's asap once I can get 10 reps alone.

I kind of stopped worrying about gaining weight alone and figured it would follow my lifts, I'm hoping I'd get to at least 140 by then.

On a side note, the reason I only have a goal for benching right now is because the head physiotherapist at my gym told me I need to strengthen my lower back and hips, as well as much needed flexibility in the hips, before I attempt squatting/deadlifting again because I can't keep the weight over my hips/ I lean forward so there isn't much of a point yet. Once those bottlenecks are out I can start using a weight that will actually tax my legs.

I'm gonna record a clip of me doing a set at each of these intervals, I'll upload a clip of what I'm doing right now my next chest day. I was just wondering about this cause me and my friend are having a little bet on it and I don't wanna lose so I'd rather not bite off more than I can chew :p