how possible is it that my cat is pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by DDV, Dec 10, 2012.

1. So I have a year-old female cat, and we let her out to the backyard pretty much everyday. She is not fixed yet..

Anyways there has been another cat that sometimes shows up and meows at our window, and today I let my cat out and after a while I went outside and that same cat was hanging out with my kitty. I chased it away but my kitty started hissing at me and I had to wait it out until I could let her back inside, now everythings ok though. I'm worried because how do I know they weren't messing around and now she's pregnant? Is it more likely that they were just playing? I mean I'm assuming this strange cat has been stalking my kitty for the sole purpose of sex.

Also I have no idea whether the strange cat was female or male.

2. Go to cvs and buy a cat pregnancy tests, they're on the shelf next to the horse, and dog pregnancy tests.

3. seriously? :laughing:

4. I think its time to have "The Talk" with your cat

5. [quote name='"AhToker"']I think its time to have "The Talk" with your cat[/quote]

I second that lol.
    No but seriously don't worry too much. You shall find out soon anyway!

6. #6 SativaShark, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    I've tried to get a cat to give me a urine sample before, including locking it up in the bathroom with a cd of babbling brooks and running water playing and the thing still managed to hold its piss for longer than I did.

Can you imagine trying to get one to pee on a little stick? :p

Edit: And I hate to say it, but it is very possible your kitteh is preggers, in fact I would be surprised if it wasn't. My hubby's cat managed to sire 3 litters of 5 before he had even turned a year old, so I imagine a female can get pregnant fairly early, too.

7. I told her a thousand times, DONT GO OUT PAST NINE! But she's a brat and doesn't listen. The other day I even went into her room and found a little baggie of marihuana :eek: where did she learn to do that?

I'm telling you, I'm getting fed up with her.

8. 1 year old and pregnant, she can get her own show! :eek:

9. #9 Larebare, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Just tell her you'll be there for her no matter what happens, but sell her kids for profit +++$$$$$$$$$$$

10. So they have cat pregnancy tests?

11. lol there is a very good chance she got pregnant... Cats are very fertile. My roomate had a black female cat 2 years ago that wasnt even a year old yet and got pregnant and had 6 kittens. By the time she was a year old she was already pregnant again for the second time..!

12. hold ur ear next to her belly, if u hear a heart beat don't worry thats just hers
    if u here more then 1..ur screwed,ur cats def prego :p

13. Go get her fixed...

The ASPCA has a database of free/low cost spay and neutering services, just put in your zip code.

If she is prego, she'll get a little kitty abortion.

14. I have a dog, these problems don't exist for me :)

15. jeez, i've run into this problem alot. 2 out of the every 10 or so times ive caughten my girl kitty and the male stray, she's gotten pregnant.

if your kitty really is a year old, you definitely wanna watch what she does outside, because this is when they start the wonderfully-horrid part of a female cats life; heat. they go in heat. and will do ANYTHING to get fucked and knocked up. trust me dude.

if she is pregnant, her belly will swell in a few weeks, she'll be eating a lot more, be a bit more stressed than usual, and even sometimes more vocal.

i've raised cats all my life, and have 2 now, an un-spayed female and a neutered male

16. But... why do you not just get your cats spayed/neutered? :confused:

17. Tell us the truth op, did you fuck your cat?