How or Where do you Store your Pieces?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Sublime, May 6, 2021.

1. Title. If you begin to grow a lot of pieces in your collection, you may want to start to display them, if not display them, then at least have some organized and neat way to put away your pieces that looks a bit better than just randomly cramming them in a catch-all piece drawer or box. But if that's what you do anyways, feel free to share! I'm just curious how everyone stores their pieces if they actively use more than one piece. I personally like to rotate around different pieces - I find that if your chief on one piece too much, for some reason, it can hinder how elevated you get. I find that a bit of variety to shake things up helps. My theory on that is it tricks the brain into thinking it's a new or different experience. If you smoke in the same room with the same piece all day every day, your brain is seeing no new changes so it just becomes "normal" and when it becomes "normal" you don't tend to get as stoned as you may like. If you try smoking in a different room or outside and try a different piece, you'd be surprised the result that can happen! So this is why I have many pieces.

Anyways, let's see those pieces! I hope to be inspired to have a cool or at least functional way to store my pieces - maybe it'll do the same for others here too!

2. Yeah I just have mine in a closet. Would like have a better solution but I don't think there is one because I don't want my bongs/pipes on display when my landlord comes over.

3. They just lay around the house in random places.

4. Right. One may ask, why is your bong on the bathroom vanity? I would answer, why shouldn't it be?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. This makes me feel a bit better, I thought a lot of people had fancy storage display cabinets of sorts, or lined up nicely side by side on some shelf. When you get to having lots of pieces or larger sized pieces like bongs, it seems a bit more hectic to have it just randomly than in a collective spot.

6. Exactly

7. #7 Storm Crow, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    I have a nice little collection of pipes- mostly glass, but also wood, ceramic and even bone. Some were gifts, some were bought, some I won in contests, and some I made. As a result, after smoking cannabis for over 50 years, I've collected quite a few pipes.

I don't have any big pieces, except for my bodged-together, decades-old "hippie special" hookah (a salad dressing bottle covered in melted marbles, topped with a salvaged soapstone chillum) that I keep more for the memories than anything. I keep them displayed on a shelf in my bedroom about 3 feet from where I am sitting.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2