how old?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by foamyys, Oct 24, 2011.

1. well, my little brother germinated my seeds and planted them, without telling me, of course. the problem is, this is my first gtow, and i have no idea how old my plants are now. they are around four inches, and they (3) have the two fan-leafs starting at the top. i have no idea, any help is appreciated. i will post pics if i figure out how, as well. thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. Your plants are stretching..pretty soon they simply will fall over. To alleviate that you need to have the light close.

3. Whoa! Those babies are reaching for the stars! As Rhap stated, move the lights within a few inches of the plants if you are using CFL's. I would throw more soil in the pot, and make it flush with the top along with burying 2 1/2 inches of the stem. You can kind of let the plant lay sideways like a very early lst, and bury all but 1 inch of the stem.

4. thanks guys, are my plants going to be mutated for their entire life now, or will they eventually fix themselves? also are they going to be weaker, considering they have put so much emphasis on growing their stems? and finally, am i right in keeping the soil moist at all times at this stage in their life, along with 24 hour light?

5. They will fix themselves. You can push some soil up around the base to cover some of that stem up.

Read some grow guides. At the top of the forums are stickies with great info and google some.

6. The soil should be moist, but not soaked. Letting it get a little dry will make the roots shoot further down looking for moisture, but don't let it get bone dry. 24 hours light is what I always use for young plants, and clones.