how old were you when...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Audion, Jun 27, 2011.

1. You moved out and got your own place? Obviously I'm only talking to the people who have already done this. I'm 20 and I feel like nothing would make me happier than to move out, but financially it just isn't feasible.

2. Well I'm moving out next month into a apartment in downtown seattle in like a month..
    So 18:)

3. If I may ask, how can you afford this? You must work full time. Even if I worked 40 hours a week I'd still be flat broke after paying my rent. For some reason the idea of a roommate bothers me.

4. I moved out a little while back. I'm 23. Home was fine, I just wanted the freedom and some change. Plus I was tired of jersey haha

5. your telling me its hard i tried and ima try again soon I want out
    work 40 hours for 7.25 and could not afford it worth beans not with insurance rent and other bills

6. Well, I'm 21 and I'm about to move out... but I would be perfectly happy staying home. Free everything!
    But yeah, things have just sort of made my decision for me and I'm about to have to work my ass off to pay all the bills that I've never had to mess with before.

7. 18. I was homeless on the streets of Oakland 7 months later. lulz. Fucked up my credit score and everything, oh well.

8. fuuuck. I feel like if I stay here any longer I'm going to lose my marbles.

9. ^^Everybody feels like that... it's just a matter of either sucking it up and realising that its worth the hassle or accepting the responsibility and working your ass off to survive on your own.

That's how I see it anyways.

10. I'm REALLY good at saving my money.
    I've been putting in like 75 dollars a paycheck in my saving since I was like 15 when I first got a job.

and My father is in the Navy so that means I get his GI bill.
    So that means I get a little over a grand a month for rent and anything I don't spend on rent from that money I get to keep. Which will go into savings.
    I know people aren't as fortunate to have that so I'm taking full advantage of it. And I get that as long as I'm in college.

But without my dads GI bill I'm sure I'd be fine. I have so much fuckin money saved up it's ridiculous.

11. Live in a dorm and pay for it with a loan, get a good paying job, and buy a house or live in a nice apartment. Gets you change and a way into a nice house. Or you could always try laying off the weed and saving up some money so you can move. Most people have to save to cover moving expenses. Also, your parents obviously had to do it once, so try asking for advice. Let it be known you're trying to get out and they might be a bit more pleasant in the mean time. They're probably trying to be hard to live with because they think you're content with living off them.

12. I think what I need to do is save a few thousand dollars up, get a full time job, and start living in the real world.

13. :eek: Not Fair! Thats more than I could even hope to make busting my ass all month. :(

ps: Your username makes it seem like you're on a dating site... just thought I'd point that out for no reason.

14. I was 18, and not a day later...no joke. Yeah I dropped out of highschool when I was 16, got a job at In n Out and just partied and stayed high all the time. At 18 I moved out with my high school sweet heart and that lasted a year. When we broke up we moved out of the apartment we were renting and I rented a room for about 3 years until I decided I wanted to go to college and moved in with my mom (not back in because I was stayin' at my dads before I was 18).

15. dont feel bad homie, im 19 almost turning 20 and about to get an apartment with my home girl next month

16. Minimum wage here is 9.25

17. Yeah I know. That GI bill is gonna help alot I guess.
    I'm really blessed to be already pretty financially stable, being an incoming college freshman and 18.

And I didn't mean for my username to come across that way? lol
    sorry.

18. sometimes I just feel like packing a bag and hittin the road.

19. awww :( I would be an adventure though lol

20. Yea, I would do it if I had somewhere to go.