How "ok" is it to veg with an HPS?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KushKing00, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Just curious of some of the down sides to it.

Just started my next grow a week ago and up until now they have been under 2 x 26watt 6500k cfls 2 x 26watt 5000k cfls and 1 x 42watt 2700k cfl.

I have a 150watt HPS I was planning on flowering with, with the help of a couple 55watt 2700k cfl's.

How bad would it be to just remove a few of the cfl's and add the 150watt HPS for veg?

Thanks..

2. I am currently doing it with very good results. I will let you know when the final yield get here, but the girls are content and happy with my 600w hps for veg.

3. Hps is fine for veg, the onpy negative some people see is lots of internodal stretching

4. Yeah hps is fine. just dont wanna get too close to ur plants just cause of the heat/light intensity. My first grow was done veg and flower on a 350 hps. turned out awesome.

5. i think hps is moreee than okay for veg. ive never used anything else and have fantastic results. its better to have an hps for the whole cycle than to have a mh in my opinion.

i have noticed slight inter nodal stretching but only in certain plants. i have a sensi star by paradise thats stretching between the nodes, and a dr. grinspoon by barneys farm that is STACKED on nodes.

6. my last grow with a black berry kush under only hps stretched more than needed, got a mh for veg this time though to be safe, and its nodes are as close as they can get hahah,
    but i guess some strains dont matter, idc