How often to water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Beansxx87, Aug 3, 2020.

1. I'm on my first plant ever and have little idea of what I'm doing. Initially I didn't intend on doing anything with it because it was given to me. I've been gone often over the past few weeks so a family member would just put it in a small greenhouse and water.
    The poor ventilation, humidity and over watering left it with some powder mildew. It is still in vegetative stage. I started trying to take care of the issue with home remedies, checking humidity and temp etc yesterday.
    I'd like to try to save her. So my question is how often should it be watered?
    I do not have money to buy fancy mildew killers.
    Any help and tips are greatly appreciated for this extreme newbie. ‍♀️

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Powdery Mildew can be controlled with household baking soda.
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water is the ratio.
    1 teaspoon to a pint of water is close enough for a small plant. Spray till drenched and dripping. Once a week will keep it looking pristine.
    If and when you have a spare $15.00 buy some Green Cure as it's better for the plant then the baking soda is.

Lift the pot is the easy way for new growers to tell when it's time to water.
    Feather weight pot = water
    Heavy pot = set back down.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. This is her as of yesterday after a wipe down of some of the leaves with a wet paper towel which is also something that was suggested...and before I sprayed with apple cider vinegar. I removed the affected top soil afterwards. It's so large it will never be light as a feather to know when to water lol 20200802_143505.jpg 20200802_143532.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice lookin plant good luck.

5. Not keep being the new guy chiming in with new guy advice... Just to share the tactic I've adopted this year being a chronic overwaterer of the past... (these are in holes in the ground mind you) Ive been waiting until just the moment I see the tops lean over in complaint of dryness when they should be shooting at the sky. I dont wait forever only until I see that begin to happen. I see the tops limp over just the tiniest bit. About every 3-4 days or maybe 3 times a week. Then water somewhat generously. Watch everything spring upward again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Buy a moisture meter, it has two long prongs that u put in soil and it tells if its wet or dry, i think there about 5 bucks,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. You don't need to lift the whole thing. Lift the side of it by the handle. It works just as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You correct were underwstered am trying to find the right balance just increased light 400 hps to 600.
    Thankyou for advice.

9. Thanks i will