How often to water a seedling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by K1ngkaos, Nov 9, 2015.

1. #1 K1ngkaos, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
    Hey guys i got a seed germinated and i popped it in a cup full of soil and its a seedling, there are already 4 leaves starting to develop, i've only given the plant one bottle cap of water when it was a seed, although i've heard its best to keep the soil pretty dry in the seedling stage because it puts its priorityl on growing more roots, how often should i water and how much?

(for the record, this is my FIRST grow, not even a grow really, just an experiment, and hopefully this will result in some bud, although i'm not getting my hopes up)

also i have a room lamp (CFL) going at 14 watts, is this enough to grow?

2. #2 Copper164, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
    14w will be enough for a little bit but after like a week you'll need more. You'll also need to switch to 2700k cfls during flowering

I've been watering one of my seedlings a couple taps every day but it's really dry and hot here so that contributes to it

3. have to be more specific. what soil? your backyard? miracle grow?

when i water seedlings, its usually every 3 days, plus or minus a day even if its not dry. i use coco/perlite and in seedling stage, i make sure i get a ton of runoff.

i use 23w cfl for the seedling stage, then bump it to a 60w cfl, then they go under led or hps

4. i dont know what soil, its not a backyard grow, and i dont know what a miracle grow is

5. so your starting a plant, but you dont know what soil your using and you dont know what miracle grow is? i'm sorry then, i cant help you. you need to read a whole lot more before proceeding or else your going to end up with nothing but a dead plant

6. alright its cool man thanks for the help anyway i really appreciate it (not trying to be sarcastic)

7. just feel how light it is when its bone dry then water till its soaked and feel the weight of that.. When it feels light like air again you water.. Make sure you have good drainage