how often to give my plants fertilizer (miracle grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greekstoner6374, Dec 22, 2010.

1. I have two sour diesel clones in my indoor grow box setup, and am wondering how often I should be adding the fertilizer to the watering solution....once/twice a week????

2. If you are using miracle grow that becomes a tricky question. Not that its a 100% definite answer under the best of circumstances. Miracle grow has nutrients already added and slowly releases them. I wouldnt give it any during veg and the first week or possibly 2 weeks into flowering. It comes with what you need for veg, wherein lies the problem. You can hope that by the 2nd week into flowering that the soil has been flushed of its pre-packed nutrients. If it has, you can start giving it flowering mixes and all will be well.

3. i too use miracle grow and i am highly aggainst it. use as little as possible and gradually add more this. is very important and if you see that your plants need more nutes give it more. as to deluting it, and if you should use it once or twice a week, you could make a really weak solution and like i said gradually add more. the reason why i dont like it is its still too complicated. u still have a chance of burning your plant! my opinion is to switch everything to organic. organic soil and organic fert. your better off im gonna do that when im done growing my plant!

4. Ok thanks....Any recommendations on what kind of fertilizer should I be getting that I can get in a local hardware/gardening supply store like orchard supply/home depot/lowes??? and if so how often should I be putting that in as far as veg. and flowering stage?

5. ive been told that bionicare is suppose to be good but i dont know if its availible in those stores. i havent checked yet but i know its availible online on ebay and amazon thats where im gonna get mine but any organic food will do also use organic soil! and for how much to use i found this just right now on this site its pretty helpful and should give you the general idea!!!

"8. Nutrients/Supplements: Again this will have to do with your budget & access to these items. If your using 1 of the above mentioned soils you shouldn't need any fertilizers till week 3-4 of grow. For the vegetation cycle you want a Vegetation/all purpose fert with a N-P-K like 20-20-20 or 6-2-4. You want the NPK values to be equal or close to equal, & in vegetation you want the N & K levels higher or equal to P. In the flowering cycle you want a Bloom/Flowering fert with a N-P-K value like 15-30-15, or 5-15-10, where the N values is always lower than P &K, & you want your P values the highest or equal to K. Some good recommended Nutrient Companies: Advanced Nutrients, Fox Farm, General Hydroponics, to name a few. Some lesser quality but more available Fertilizers are: Miracle Gro All Purpose & Peters All Purpose (both come in bloom versions too), but you'll need to supplement Epsom salt (1tsp per gal) with those to ferts because they lack the micro nute Mg or Magnesium. A really cheap, easy, & good quality Nutrient program is the “Lucas Formula” (google it). Start your ferts out at a low dose of ¼ strength & work up slowly feeding every other watering. A recommended supplement to use is “Superthrive”, I would also recommend some kind of rooting stimulant & growth stimulant."