How often to fertilize?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wtf88, Sep 24, 2010.

1. I have been searching for the answer to this question but am never able to find a clear answer. I am growing in soil and using Schultz 10-15-10 plant food. How often and how much should I use with my plant and at what stages of growth (i.e. 1 weeks, 2 weeks etc..) ? Is there any general guide or do you just feel it out? -Thanks

2. with a little common sense, and the search button, you would have found what you were looking for. but since you havent, whatever fertilizer you are using should have a feeding schedule. follow the manufacturers schedule. you dont have to follow it exactly, but somewhere close. dont start ferts til 3rd or 4th week of veg. when you do start, start at half or even quarter of the recommended dose. not enough is easier to fix then too much.

3. I used the search button I just could not find any sound advice on fertilizing so I thought I would post specifically what I used to try to get some help. Using the manufactures guide for my ferts damaged my plants pretty bad so I thought maybe some one could point me to a more thorough and sound guide with detailed information.

4. Don't feed a baby sprout for the first couple of weeks, then feed no more than once a week. Start at one quarter the recommended dose, then build up to half. With ferts, less is more, usually it is overkill to give the full dose.