Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How often should I smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Similarity, Oct 8, 2013.

1. I've been smoking every day for nearly a week now. I think I should probably lay off for a few days, but I feel an urge to go smoke tonight. Should I cave? I mean, I know the immediate answer would be "yes, definitely," but I don't want this to become a habit. I also want to try and maintain relatively strong highs, and I'm worried about building up tolerance. Thoughts?

2. By the way you're talking it sounds like you should take a day or two off. Don't get me wrong, weed's awesome, but so is being sober and I honestly don't think it's good to be high all the time. A break here and there is more enjoyable than just staying high.

3. I've smoked everyday for the past 3 years. Your tolerance will grow no matter what. The trick is to take advantage of the time you have while high and use it doing things you love to do.

4. If you don't have anything important tomorrow morning, then smoke tonight. 

If you do have something important tomorrow morning, smoke anyway but wake up a little earlier and freshen up. 

:smoke: 

5. everyother minute. it take 3 dabs evryhour

6. Try smoking only nights or limiting it to certain times. 

7. I think its ok. Weeds not one of those drugs i question whether or not i should do it. When i feel like it i smoke it and i only take T breaks when i dont get high anymore

8. #8 Crawfordthedank, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    lol god damn it. Im high as shit from 3 pm to well past midnight and Im going to college. I am trying to smoke just around a gram this week.

I say if you have important things to do smoke a bowl a day or less. Today I smoked 2 blunts 2 dabs, two 1.2 gram joints and I just smoked another bowl...Now thats too much.

9. Only u kno wats best 4 u man. If u feel u need to lay off weed for a few days then do so. I smoke as and wen I please. If I want to smoke everyday for 2 weeks then I will. If I want to take a T break for 2 weeks then I will. Do wat fits ur lifestyle nd the key is not to become dependant on weed. With that being said I'm bout to go enjoy a Full English breakfast with some kush nd freshly squeezed orange juice.

Life is good...

10. No you sir are not allowed to bring the word english into your conversation.

11. Is your shit together? Laundry and dishes done? House picked up? All your important things taken care of?
    Yes?
    Then smoke up.
    No?
    Take care of business, then smoke up.

12. Take my advice . DO NOT smoke every day. Yes it will be great for awhile, but eventually it causes more problems than anything. You will rely on it in order to sleep, you will have no appetite when sober if you smoke all the time, and on top of that it can cause you to become unmotivated to do things you used to enjoy.

I know im going to get people saying " only weak people let this happen".

But these are the true effects of chronic use.

13. I smoke everyday as soon as I wake up, and then when I come home on my lunch break.  Then when I get off work I smoke as soon as I come home. 

I'm not a SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY guy or anything like that.  I actually want to smoke less.  I just usually end up smoking all the time. 

14. Third and best option:
    Do the chores high as fuck

15. all day, erryday :bongin:  :hippie:  :bongin:  :hippie:

16. I no longer support smoking all day every day unless you're one of the VERY rare people that truly functions better when high. Get your shit done, get home, and smoke in your free time not just to always be high.

That being said, if you're using it as a reward rather than just smoking all the time, smoke whenever you want.

I wouldn't worry about a tolerance. I smoked every day for 2 straight years. about 4-5 months in, I got a little less high, and was like "man what a tolerance I have now.", year in, was getting significantly less high than 6 months before that. Again same thoughts. 2 years in, I was barely catching a buzz without bonging like .4-.5.

It takes a LONG time to develop a tolerance to the point that it spoils your highs. The tolerance you'll have with smoking once a day or so  is actually BETTER than having no tolerance IMO, you don't burn out, you're more functional, only downside is they last a little less long.

17. I agree with this. And to add to it, once you begin smoking everyday, and or multiple times a day, it looses that initial... "Excitement".

18. Take a break.

19. All day erry day.

20. Smoke as much as you want but don't let it jeopardize your life.

• Be sure to: Include Omega 3 (this could replenish your cannabinoid receptors along with other beneficial things)
    • Eat mango 45 minutes prior to smoking (Mango has a component called "mycrene") 
    • Have self control 
    • If you have anxiety, manipulate your mind with some funny shit. 
    • Got cottonmouth? Have a cold beverage by your side