How often should i clean my bong?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by OhSoTrippy, Oct 13, 2012.

1. title says it all. I've heard many cleaning methods but what are the best ?

2. you should clean it when it starts to get dirty (more often the better in my book). the best method to clean is salt and 91% isopropyl alcohol

3. I clean mine every 3 days

4. I clean mine once a day. That gives you a hint about how much pot I smoke.

5. You should clean it as often as you feel the need to.

Some people barely ever clean their piece.
    Personally I clean once a day. Sometimes I will stretch that to two or three if I'm really busy.
    In my opinion, if you spend a wad of cash on quality glass then you should take care of it and keep it looking fresh. If you aren't motivated enough to keep it clean then maybe you aren't ready for an expensive piece.

For cleaning, ISO and salt is the most cost effective. Also the more often you clean, the faster and easier it is.

6. what do I do for cleaning?

7. pour in a little salt and enough iso to shake around. Shake piece until it gets as much as it can then dump the iso and salt out and rise and repeat if necessary

8. where can I find iso

9. Should have them at pharmacies, or target or comparable stores. try to find the 91% if you can

10. okay thanks for the help man

11. When I owned a bong I cleaned it every other day..

Bongs get that resin/water odor so fast and it just makes me feel sick to inhale through that. Even after changing the water it'll still reek.

Put alcohol through it, nothing is better than a rip through a crystal clean bong.

12. not a fan of resin or smelly bongs, i clean mine often, every 2 days, depending on my usage. iso and rock salt works like a charm, just not a fan of sticky feel of my hands after cleaning. putting iso makes my hands dry.

13. IMO - Every single time.
    Nothing worse or less appealing than the smell of a dirty bong...the moment the smoke goes through the water and some little semi-burnt fragments go in there and sit for a couple of hours or longer, it stinks.
    It's not even a nice weed related smell, it's disgusting.

Though, I'm not really the best person to ask - I'm obviously quite biased.
    This is one of the many reasons I chose to vape instead.

14. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']IMO - Every single time.
    Nothing worse or less appealing than the smell of a dirty bong...the moment the smoke goes through the water and some little semi-burnt fragments go in there and sit for a couple of hours or longer, it stinks.
    It's not even a nice weed related smell, it's disgusting.

Though, I'm not really the best person to ask - I'm obviously quite biased.
    This is one of the many reasons I chose to vape instead.[/quote]

I never understood why recreational users vape.
    Its the most black n white way of smoking..
    Nothing beats a good sesh with friends talking and passing around a bubbler.

No?

15. Check out my cleaning tutorial. Very well known, will make bong so clean you can bring it into the store, or on an airplane etc.

16. Well, it's not *any* way of smoking really is it?
    I prefer it...sure I miss smoking sometimes but I'd rather get the health benefits and the longer high vaping gives me.

17. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']

Well, it's not *any* way of smoking really is it?
    I prefer it...sure I miss smoking sometimes but I'd rather get the health benefits and the longer high vaping gives me.[/quote]

Yeah i knew u were going to say something about that but i didnt know of another word to use besides the phrase "getting high" (which i dont like)

But ya you got me with the health benefits and longer lasting high. But i honestly i prefer having my high last half an hour to an hour. Lol

18. It's fair enough, I see benefits to both.
    I miss the quick hit of a bong and the awesome smell of burning a joint...but, it's a decision I made quite some time ago and decided to stick with it.
    So I have that, and edibles. Suits my needs.
    Each to their own and all that, I really don't even believe that smoking weed (within reason, and not mixed with tobacco) does you much damage at all, but, being a guy who occasionally suffers from bronchial issues and an otherwise non-smoker it's just smoother sailing this way.

19. I clean my bong at the end of the night and I clean my slide after every 3rd bowl for less chuggy-ness.

20. I run hot water through my bongs every morning, then cold water, and fill with fresh chilled water. I try to clean my bongs weekly with iso and salt.