how often shall i use veneger and bacan powder=co2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alex_uk_1, Apr 12, 2006.

1. hi all,may any one tell me how often shall i use bacan powder and veneger to make co2 and when i should use that on darkness or lighting time,any information would be usefull.

2. Never.

Dont waste your time on it.

You want C02? But a tank + reg.

Cost: $1500-2000US

Is it worth it? Yup!

But only if your plants can use it! And only if! If being enough light, nutes, air exchange, temp, water, etc.

3. This is actually a very good question and one that I'm curious about as well. My impression was using either the vinegar/baking soda mix or the yeast/water/sugar mix would generate CO2. Now if this method should not be used and a tank should be purchased instead, is there any reason why?

I realize the fermentation method is the cheap guys CO2...but it's still CO2, same as coming out of a tank (more or less). So why would the above methods not be recommended?

4. what is veneger and bacan powder. :confused: lol hahahaha:D
    stop smoking so much weed. i think it is giving you brain damage mate.:smoking::confused:

5. Hey man he's from La. USA.. english is a second language in those parts:p .. j/k just busting chops

6. WHAT!?! I got my tank for 90 bucks plus a regulator w/ electronic solenoid for under $200 and a CAP (arguably the best!) CO2/TEMP/Humidity/Light controller for around $200 all brand new (yeah my buddy is a hydro dealer but I'm quoting regular pricing). Total system is under 500 bucks.

7. I tried the yeast sugar and wate mix and the bugs liked it more than my plants. Vinegar and baking soda (NOT baking powder to the poster a few back) is just a waste of time IMHO.

8. hey i used to use homemade c02 in my aquariium and it worked really well... you can make a generator and use the yeast mixture in a 2l bottle and buy a disperser from a good aquarium store... i bet if your on your 12/12 and not too much circulation it could work pretty well... im kinda disapointed everyone has so much bad to say about aquarium products... i was really into my PLANTED amazon aquarium and found great deals on hps, mh and cfl/flourescent hoods with crazy qatts like 800... i really suggest you guys look around those places... and you can def. get co2 from them... pretty cheap tooo... just google or yahoo it... good luck and ill post a link when im not so stoned

9. hey i used to use homemade c02 in my aquariium and it worked really well... you can make a generator and use the yeast mixture in a 2l bottle and buy a disperser from a good aquarium store... i bet if your on your 12/12 and not too much circulation it could work pretty well... im kinda disapointed everyone has so much bad to say about aquarium products... i was really into my PLANTED amazon aquarium and found great deals on hps, mh and cfl/flourescent hoods with crazy qatts like 800... i really suggest you guys look around those places... and you can def. get co2 from them... pretty cheap tooo... just google or yahoo it... good luck and ill post a link when im not so stoned

10. Really? US or CAN?

Thats some good deals than; seeing as a good CO2 Monitor / Controller cost about $400 - $500.00 alone.

Do you have a link for this place?

11. US dollars brutha. The link is in my sig. The controller I recommend is only around $170 unless you want a PPM CO2 controller. Even those are about 150 bucks cheaper through him.

12. Thanks up4anything, I might just get a Vortex 6" from that place... it's about 100 dollars cheaper then anywhere else!

13. No problem. He made a me a deal on a Vortex and Filter Combo that was badass! Ask him what he can do (we did it NOT on Ebay so he could cut me some extra discount). Also, I looked at his store yesterday, and he doesn't have nearly anything up on that Ebay site. But I scored a PPM/PH/EC continuous tester, some mylar and other stuff for cheap from him too.:hello: My favorite toy is the Ozone generator though. My local Hydro shop was selling the same one for $315 GROW A LOT sold it to me for $145 with the full manufacturer's warranty (3 years I think).:D Now, whenever I need something, I call him first to see if he can get it.

14. Just a side note in relation to above. I LOVE my filter too. It's reversible so I can go longer between carbon changes.