how often do you water your plants? (outdoors)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by calisfinest760, Jul 16, 2013.

1. I live in south california and water mine every 2 days

2. Mine need it daily 

3. Daily in pots. In ground whenever I can get to them

Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm doing it daily and seeing no problems, pretty hot for uk at the mo, and I'm being a bit of a new dad about them checking for pests and eggs and pistils etc

5. Every three days in the early stages I was watering every day but cut back to 3 days saw more rapid growth ran with it ever since

”Hard work, dedication”-Floyd Mayweather Jr.

6. #6 5toes, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    Every other day.

In SoCal.

7. Every day or 2

8. Daily at this point of the season.

9. Every three days, super cautious cause I lost three plants to root rot, never see any drooping though

10. every couple days, i keep soil tilled for good absorption.. use alaskan fish fert once a week

11. My in ground sweet tooth needs to be watered ever 3rd day at the moment. The plants in smart pots need it every 2 days unless its just hot as hell. Its hard to over water in those things but real easy to under water. I was under watering them at first and didn't even realise it until the tips started frying dropping leaves. Started giving it 2 more gallons each watering and its loving me for it.

12. Every day, sometimes even twice a day if it gets in the 90's and above and I'm in Oregon.  I'm surprised you don't need to water more being in SoCal.

13. Every other day in so cal

14. Cannabis can survive up to 2 weeks without water, unless you live in the desert during july. Letting the plants go through a dry spell is reccomended. Dont over water!!!

15. Amazing if they survive.

They are thriving.  They are nice and bushy too, thanks to some LST. Here's a picture, excuse the quality and the fact that it's pretty washed out; I need a new phone with a better camera.

Attached Files:

• lst5.jpg
      lst5.jpg
      File size:
      196.1 KB
      Views:
  17. A good rule of thumb is to check the soil with your finger. But I forgot how deep you have to go lol. That info is posted somewhere here on GC.

Don't get me wrong, When we get triple digit heatwaves, I water every day. But if not, then every other day.

18. Every day till until this heat is gone.

The finger trick is good, I have heard of that but I'm not sure how far your finger goes either lol.

You're right though, if it's not too hot I will go a day or two without watering.  When I did my last indoor grow, I only watered every 2-4 days.