How often do you fertilize?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Auto Rock, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I was wondering, how often do you guys fertilize? I can't seem to find a clear answer... I know it's not every time because then it would get nut burn, but how much is enough?

2. Ouch nut burn would hurt lol JK. I am interested in this question as well

3. I did every other watering.

4. That's what I'd do. How often did you water your babies?

5. To my understanding, every other watering. In hydro, about every two weeks.

6. I watered as needed. Usually 2-3 times weekly.

I used the bucket weight method (dry vs. watered) to determine when I should water. Its not very scientific but it always worked for me!

7. Haha! I guess great minds do think alike! We use the same watering/fert schedule, mate! I water monday, wednesday, and friday and use ferts every wednesday. :D

8. ^^^ I only use ferts 1 per week too. Normally every third watering. The rest of the time they get nice fresh PH balanced water as needed. You definately don't want to over do it.

I definately perfer the bucket weight method too. Much easier for me than sticking my finger in the soil. :)

9. I fed every watering during heavy flowering with botanicare products and grandmas molasses. THen I water twice with plain water then hit it again with nutes right at the beginning of the 2 week push since they use alot to fill out. Then the last waterings are just water till the end.

10. i use a hydro system and the lady who owns the hydro store told me to change the water every week and re-do the nutirents every week. so thats that for hydro. for soil i would just add the nutrients to a gallon of water and water with that.

11. If you read on the back of most bottles it will say either every few weeks or every watering. If you use Earth Juice or Pureblend Pro or anything else that is OMRI approved then you can use nutes every time from the day the seed sprouts. Thats the good thing about organics, its almost impossible to burn your plants. Plus its better for you, the plant, the earth, EVERYONE. Now if you are asking WHEN to water/fertilize then thats totally up to the plant. When its younger you wont water quite as much, as it gets older and drinks more you will probably water ever 2-3 days i would say. But yeah, go by what the bottle says if you are unsure. After all, the people who made it probably know the most about it. After you figure out what your plants like you can adjust as needed. I however use only organics and use them every single water at the strong recommended dose. The ones that say every few weeks like Hydroguard and Microblast that i use i only use them every 3rd watering.