how often do you eat meat?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by clydekittinger, Dec 19, 2012.

1. I was a vegetarian (not too good of one, never ate meat or gelatin but might have had some food cooked in animal oils) for about the past year, it makes my body feel amazing.

But I'm slowly trying to introduce a healthy amount of meat into my diet, for yummyness reasons. Hope I still feel as good as I did when I ate 0 meat.

2. at least once a day, a lot of days twice.

Today breakfast tons of chicken for me, same thing for lunch... Dinner I got sick of that went a different direction. Not saying I'm some perfect nutrition follower but that's what I do.

3. Im a straight carnivore,I pretty much eat meat with every meal.

I skate a lot and work out, I don't think it would be healthy to eat as much as I do if I wasnt active

4. I eat meat atleast once a day my dinner always has a meat product in there somewhere.

Op this thread reminds me of that episode of House where a vegan kid started eating meat and his body couldnt handle the iron and his organs got fucked up the iron was like ripping through them or something. i could be off by a little i havent seen that episode in awhile.

5. Why didnt you eat Gelatin?

6. I was vegan for about a year and a half! It kind of sucked, quite honestly. I quit after Wendy's came out with the baconator. xD lolol
    I only eat meat once a day, now - only ever at dinner - if I eat. Lol.

7. I don't eat meat or dairy, with the exception of eggs a couple times a week here and there. I'm not a vegetarian though. I will eat whatever is on the menu if I'm at a restaurant or someone's house, but on my own I prefer veg style food.

8. atleast once a day.... hell, i have meat in almost every meal

9. I was a vegetarian for 4yrs an eventually went back to eating meat..meats jus so freakin good an plus I had low iron levels,was like the unhealthiest vegetarian ever lol now I eat meat at least a few times a day (mostly chicken) :] buuuttt I think I may go back to being a vegetarian sometime around next year..

10. #10 pearljamss, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
    A couple times a week. Not a big fan. I personally can't stand the taste of beef, steak, etc.. pretty much all of it besides turkey and chicken.

11. Every day and (almost) every meal, but in small amounts. More often than not, I don't have meat with breakfast.

I lived and worked on an Outback cattle station for about two months a couple years ago. We rarely had fresh produce and the vegetables we did have were pathetic and just sad looking. Every meal was meat based, but we always had prime cuts of beef.

Just from that experience, I don't enjoy meat like I used to. I'll trade it all in for the local fresh mango, and I choose seafood over any other meat now too.

12. I eat meat at least 2 times a day..

I feel guilty sometimes when I think about how the ainimals are raised just for food and then slaughtered.

But whatever, I need whole sources of protein.. pine nuts and tofu don't satisy my primal instincts.

13. I eat baked chicken or steak 4-5 times a day. I play football for my college so I need it

14. fish make up the bulk of my diet

That's right. I enjoy eating sea kittens.

15. well, my experience with meat for the first time in a while - grumbly tummy. not feelin too hot but maybe it's because my first piece of meat was a roast beef sandwich

gelatin usually comes from animals, gummy bears, etc. then again, I hardly ever ate gelatin in the first place.

16. Not as much as most Americans. I'll only eat good beef, lamb, and on a very rare occasion turkey. I eat a lot of vegetarian meals. But I will never stop eating seafood.... I can give up meats but not seafood.

17. At least once a day, usually more. In the UK there's not such a moral argument about it considering that we don't use intensive farming so the meat I eat has a happy life strolling around a field.

18. I fucking hate cattle. I'm bovist.

Man imagine how much open space and wilderness we'd have all over if EVERYONE farmed insects, crustaceans, or fish, instead!