how often do you drive?

Discussion in 'General' started by Boson-H, Feb 26, 2013.

1. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the average person drives 15,000 miles a year. i far exceed this...lol...i've gone 10,000 miles in 5 months. bought my car with 127k november 2011 and now its at 164k...

and do you like driving or is it a chore? how do other people drive in your area, especially during dun dun dun...rush hour.

2. I was born to drive, I love driving......driving to me is what a video game is to others...

Driving in central Florida is an experience that's hard to describe...you have drivers from all over the country and world all distracted from being in unfamiliar surroundings as well as being on vacation....it's a trip...

3. Neverrr. I haven't a car for about 2 years.

That's about to change though.

4. Day by day...I was really nervous because it

5. err day all day all i do is drive

6. I actually don't drive

7. I haven't actually driven in exactly a year!!! Can't wait till I'm back.

Last time I drove it was a 40+ hour drive hahahah

8. I drive way to much, gas is killing me.

9. Everyday I have errands to run, work to go to, and school that needs to be attended.

10. I drive everyday

About 60-80 minutes to work in the morning, more like 40 minutes on the way home

Life without a car sounds as ridiculous to me as life without indoor plumbing

11. I drive way to muh, I got my car 4 years ago with 70k now there is 180k. Mainly for work though.

12. These days I'd imagine I spend less than 10 minutes a day in the car.

I kinda miss delivery driving though...

13. I drive every day to and from work, and I used to drive an armored truck for a job :D

14. Man same with me. I don't have a nice car wit custom stuff or anything but being behind the wheel is just fun. I drive 8 hours straight with no issues, people don't get it lol

I drive daily now, to and from the train station for school and to work. It's never boring behind the wheel

15. Everyday I take long ways home and when I get bored I tear it up on the back roads. Around here it seems like more people need time behind the wheel the way they drive

16. #16 8ight, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    I drive about 80 miles a day going to/from work. I don't mind the actual driving--I actually like the long drives because I can listen to full albums, audiobooks, or podcasts. I just don't like the gas. I spend about $250/month on gas, and I get 28 miles/gallon.

When I was younger, I would just drive around back roads all night on weekends--I loved just cruising around. Now, pretty much strictly drive for the sake of going somewhere, mostly because I don't like wasting gas/time. But I still enjoy driving. I don't think I ever want to get an automatic car, because that would take away like 80% of the fun of driving for me.

17. Every day, real short distances though. I drive less than 5k miles a year.

18. I drive everyday to school starting from 650 to 7AM to rush-hour time or even later like 9 when there's no traffic. if is not a chore, it's fun when you're with people but that is also not fun when they get annoying and they want to change and made music station every second every minute.

19. i definitely wanted to know ho wmany miles per year people :p

20. I put 12000 miles a year about. I think that's around average.
    Tbh after a while I get fed up of driving. Especially when u have a shitload of driving in one dat