Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How often do you change the bong water?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pyron, Oct 17, 2012.

1. I prefer to change it between every sesh, but I can tolerate up to about 3 tokes before I'm like "nope". I'll never get how people can just go on using the same nasty ass 2 week old bong water. It's not like it takes a lot of time to rinse out a bong and fill it up again.

How often do you change your bong water? (or) Do you know people who never seem to change it even though it's been a month?

2. i can go 1 or 2 sessions. it just starts to get mad stanky and gross after that point

3. Every two or three sessions typically. Sometimes every session, though...tastes better that way :bongin:

4. well it's been a month... maybe it's time :eek:
    i usually change it when i wanna have a fat session so i put cold water in besides that whenever it starts smelling funky

5. yeah i try to clean it after every sesh buuuut sometimes i'll just get too high for all that shit, and i'll go like 3, 4 sessions w/o cleaning. but yeah, it smells like shit, so i try to clean it every time i notice.

6. got a carbon filter, so whenever it gets dirty i change the water and carbon.

7. Every time

8. every. single. time.

9. After every bowl. Sometimes I'll use the same water for a whole sesh, but not very often.

10. Dude to the person that said 1 month that's fucking nasty bro. I change it every 2-3 bowls.

11. I used to chill with this girl who LEGIT thought never changing the bong water got you higher. Basically, for her it was, the dirtier the better.

Yuck, i change my shit every sesh

12. #12 morange, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    I like to change the water whenever I start to notice a tinted color to the water. After that you get the yellow/brown nastyness that I want to avoid. I have no idea how some people can enjoy smoking a bong with extremely dirty water.

I've been to heavy smokers homes and when they pull their bongs out it's dark brown and you can't see very much through it. I ask why they don't change it or clean more often and they say that it will get just as dirty really fast again. :confused:

EDIT: to be fair, the person I'm talking about smokes a ton of weed and takes ridiculously large hits, and I've seen a clean slide turn pretty brown after just one hit.

13. After every single session. I only use my bong for my vaporizer, though, so it doesn't get nearly as dirty as it used to. :D

And it's nice cold water, too, so it cools down the vapor nicely.

14. Me and my friend have smoked two weekends with his bong and we still haven't changed the bong water... we have been too high to change it.

15. Every bowl. I want the smoothest and cleanest hit i can get, so I use cold water and what not heheh

16. What's with all these people changing it after one sesh? With my first bong I would do that since it was only 8 inches tall, but now I have an 18-incher and I change it every 3-6 sessions. To be honest I don't really notice a difference between the first and fifth time.

17. [quote name='"hotdog585"']What's with all these people changing it after one sesh? With my first bong I would do that since it was only 8 inches tall, but now I have an 18-incher and I change it every 3-6 sessions. To be honest I don't really notice a difference between the first and fifth time.[/quote]

Probably just a mental thing for me, i dunno.

18. Different people define sessions as different amounts of smoking. If you're smoking a bowlpack or a snap then you'll still have clean bong water most likely. However some people smoke 1-2 grams in a session and it definitely makes your bong nasty after that.

19. It depends on the size of my bong... I have a small one that doesn't hold much water so I have to change it after every 2-3 bowls, but my bigger bong I can wait a little longer if I have to.

Only thing is that I change it every day just because I don't make a habit of leaving the water in my bong overnight since a) its stinky, b) I tend to walk around my garden/house when I'm smoking and c) I have a nosy ass cat who's definitely knocked over my pieces off the shelves I keep them on before...

20. It varies between every time I smoke and about 8 times is the most I wait.