Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How NOT to be sleepy after smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by oGangster420, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Idk but whenever I smoke im always sleepy after. Say I wake n bake at 7 am, when night time comes im tired as fuck at 8 or during the day I get really tired and feel like I wanna sleep. This happens to me even if I don't wake n bake.

Does anyone have any tips on how to not be as sleepy during the day cause that's the only thing I hate about weed.

2. Drink an energy drink while smoking, or smoke when you just wake up.

Also, sativa strains will help.

3. you need to get use to weed really, you need to tune ur brain. So take this as a opportunity to smoke more. Trust me i was like you too but like after excessive smoking that shit just went away

• Like Like x 1
  4. [quote name='"chickensupreme"']you need to get use to weed really, you need to tune ur brain. So take this as a opportunity to smoke more. Trust me i was like you too but like after excessive smoking that shit just went away[/quote]

Ive been smoking for three years and I feel like its getting worse.

• Like Like x 1
  5. No to the energy drink. You'll crash and it's generally bad for your body.. though they're delicious :eek:

Eat frequent, small meals. Keep your digestive system working, it'll help you feel awake. If you do a mild exercise in the morning, you'll feel more energetic throughout the day. A 20 minute jog/hard walk, and some muscle buildup. Simple pushups/pullups, situps, plank, stretches, the normal. Try to stay away from too much sugar, cause you'll crash from that too. Fruits and nuts give you energy that lasts longer than caffeine. Drink some tea, that has a little bit of caffeine to keep you at a solid level without overdoing it like coffee (unless you've already got a caffeine tolerance).

Hope this helps!

6. That's just like, your opinion man... I drink energy drinks like Monster about once a week, and I never "crash"... then again, they don't make me energized in the first place.

Exercising is also a great way I agree. Smoke before you go to the local gym, you won't fall asleep.

I would disagree with the coffee, but that's just because caffeine causes me to feel sick.

7. a good sativa will have you ready to run a marathon.

8. a cup of coffee helps or working out.

9. #10 fucking baked, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
    I love waking up at 5am when nobodys up and just getting high as fuck going right the fuck back to sleep. You always get the best sleep ever while the morning sun is peeking through your blinds and shit. You know nobody's going to bother you and you can just go right to sleep so there's no fucking way to have a bad high.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Do you smoke shit weed by chance?

11. I will say not everyone is affected the same way, hell I don't feel crashes from anything. But generally, energy drinks will make a person crash, especially if they're not used to them.

I didn't recommend coffee, I actually mentioned a negative aspect of it :smoke:

12. [quote name='"fucking baked"']I love waking up at 5am when nobodys up and just getting high as fuck going right the fuck back to sleep. You always get the best sleep ever while the morning sun is peeking through your blinds and shit. You know nobody's going to bother you and you can just go right to sleep so there's no fucking way to have a bad high.

[/quote]

That's just a waste of a high tho

13. [quote name='"oGangster420"']

That's just a waste of a high tho[/quote]

Opinion. I love taking a few snaps in the middle of the night then getting back in bed

14. IDK. I am up at 2:30 am right now feeling pretty damn awake. I been up since 6am yesterday.

and smoked weed for 6 hours of that time.

Just go to bed yo. Feels good man.

15. Sometimes i will workout before i smoked for like a hour and i will take energy creatine called c4 and it keeps me going for at least 5 hours

16. #17 stoner136, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
    I always wished I could do that. But I have to ration my weed. I don't have money like that, and i try to smoke like 2 or 3 a day, but I would love to smoke way more.
    But when I get a job next month I am going to be buying shit loads of weed. :hello:

17. Well for one, get a sativa. Besides that, it's all up to you handling it inside your mind. I used to get tired when I got stoned and just pass out for like an hour nap.

What I did personally to stop it was I bought a bag to myself (2 grams at the time, not too high of a tolerance at then). Get whatever size that you think could last you a week or a bit less. Whenever you smoke, before you smoke, make sure you're not already tired. Once you've smoked it's all up to your will power. Try doing anything to stay up. Once you've accomplished staying awake without a problem, it shouldn't be a problem doing it in the future at all. That's just my two cents from experience though
    Happy smoking! :bongin:

18. Good question. Obviously any bud comedown has some tiredness, but comparing mids to dank I definitely felt a 'heavier' high with the mids.

19. Good diet, exercise--probably the most important things IMO.

The wrong diet can easily leave you feeling tired or groggy, while a proper diet will leave you with energy all day.

Exercising will actually help give you more energy as well. If you're sitting around all day and not really moving around much, there's no reason for your body to make you feel energized. I think that's why it's easy to get tired while driving or watching TV--your mind is active, but not your body. But in reality, I'm just stoned and pulled that last part out of my ass--so it may or may not be accurate. I'm definitely more "energized" on days I go to the gym vs days I don't go.

• Like Like x 1