How my nipple saved the hookah

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pmurph, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Friday evening at about 10:30pm I get a call from my bud. He's having a get together because his cousin and a few other people were visiting from out of town. I go over, drink some Natty Light, meet a few new people, nothing exciting.

At about 11pm one of the girls decides she wants to run to her apartment and get a hookah so we can chill on the porch and enjoy the clear, comfortable night. Her and a couple people go to get it, and when she gets back she kindly sets everything up for whoever wanted it.

I was out there and someone asked what the little opening on the side of the hookah was. I irresponsibly touched it (because I wasn't sure either), and ping! goes some tiny ball bearing that apparently controls the airflow. Wonderful. I just fucked everyone's night.

At first nobody noticed, but that was short lived, since as soon as the next person tried to take a drag the thing didn't pull squat. Quickly the situation turned into a full-fledged search with two flashlights and 5 people on the ground. I felt like such an ass-hole.

I told the girl who owned it what happened, and she seemed pretty upset, (although she was saying things like "it doesn't matter") so I had to do something. The piece was from the Middle-East, so there was no such replacement piece. We would have to improvise.

I have pierced nipples, with rings that have a single ball on them. I looked at my buddy and tell him what I'm going to do, but tell him to keep completely hush-hush. I don't come off as the kind of guy that would have them, so I didn't want to be obvious and have a lot of new people think I'm a weirdo.

I went to the top floor, into a room, locked the door, and proceeded to get the ball out of my right nipple ring to see if it will fit. I figured it couldn't hurt to try, since it looked close.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs the hookah owner was doing something in the kitchen. I handed her the ball and asked if she thought it would work. She looked a little relieved and optimistic. We go try it out, and sure enough, the damn thing works great.

Now I have to find a replacement so the ring doesn't fall out or poke me.

Thanks if you read. I just wanted to share what I thought to be an unusual story. :wave:

2. Good story. If it fell out that easily you should have told the girl the hookah was crap. But quick thinking using the nipple piercing. I would have used my prince albert.
    Don't really have a prince albert.

3. Nipple Perice LOL my friend wants to get one just to be funny that must hurt getting that done!

4. Right on man, that was good thinking! I have both my nipples pierced, and yeah it hurt quite a bit but it wasn't unbearable.

5. Very innovative. Sounds like some cool people too :hello:

6. That was a smart move on your part ^_^

7. is it a single hose hookah? because if it is, i think the part you're talking about is the let-off valve, it's there incase someone blows into the hookah. mine is a single hose, but the vavle is covered by a piece that screws on over the ball bearing.

8. Yeah it was a single hose one. Now I remember her saying "where's the top part?" so perhaps something else was already missing.

9. lol when i read the title i thot u were gonna get ur nipple hard and stick it where the ball was suppose to be. very misleading hahaha. good job improvising, u used ur head man.

10. Tell the girl just to go get a metal bb. I've lost the ball bearing in all 6 of my hookahs cleaning them from time to time, and just replace them with a standard metal bb.

That valve is there to clear any stale smoke that may just be chillin in the vase

11. I figured a BB would work but none of us that live there (I'm close with them, moving in about 3 weeks) have BB guns. I was frustrated about that since my BB gun is still at my old place.

P.S. I'm stoned, guys.:smoke:

12. Stoner ingenuity at it's finest.:hello:

13. great thread title and story, love it man, good thinking.