How much yield per plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by katebtr, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Extreme newbie question: How much bud could an average grower expect per plant? I imagine it can vary quite a lot, but say an indica strain, indoor grow with a good LED, and probably hydroponic setup. I'm sure my yield will increase as I gain experience, but how much is reasonable to anticipate. 

2. Normally it's about 1g/per watt yield when it comes to HPS/MH/CFL; but I am unsure if that applies to LEDs.

3. How much do you need is the real question.

4. Too many variables...different strains grow different amounts, your grow environment, medium, technique, grow natural, grow with training, experience

So the best guess would be 0grams to ??lbs

5. 30-40g to be expected if done reasonably ok on first grow like amateur scale. Always expect less and when more turns up its like a little bonus ;) loads more when the experience starts 

6. I imagine it would also depend on how long you veg for.  Generally the difference in outdoor yields and indoor yields (sans the sun).  So if you veg for 12 weeks and have a 10 foot ceiling you'll yield more than if you vegged for 4 weeks and only have a 5' tall tent.

Phenotype qualities of density, stretch and the like play a major factor in the output of plants.  Most medical growers who grow for their own supply, aren't generally growing to get 1lb per plant.  They generally grow the type of strain that helps them the best, whether big producers or not.

Do your research and then make an educated guess as to how much you should expect based on your specific situation.  At the end of cure see how much you have and figure out how much you got -/+ your hypothesis.  That's what I'm doing with my first grow.  Having modified my method based on limiting factors.  I'm projecting around 60g per plant.  That's just over 2oz.  Not amazing but slightly above average for a first grow.

From what I've read, seasoned green thumbs and yield 7-10oz per plant no problem.  Takes time to dial in and understand your strains/environment and cultivation methods.

7. Thanks guys. I really wasn't sure at all how much to expect once I start. 1.5-2 oz. per plant for my early grows would make me quite happy. I care more about quality than quantity anyway, since this is just for personal use, and I plan to grow year round with clones.

8. ^^^^^^ ding ding ding we have a winner^^^^^ quality over quantity any day of the week. I really like the part about it takes time to get things dialed in. You're exactly correct. Remember its your 1st grow. Alot of 1st time growers set their expectations too high. Just shoot for a nice clean grow and learn as much as you can. Apply your new knowledge next time and each time after that. Too many times new growers want giant yeilds and talk about the great equipment they're going to buy, only to end up drowning their plants to death 2 weeks in under a tiny cfl.

9. From the words you have entered into the computer I will say 0 gs. Post a picture of a plant 3 or 4 weeks into flower and maybe we can give you an estimate.

10. The main determining factor is the light. How many watts does your light use? As long as you don't balls it up, the light output will be your most limiting factor

11. generally you can guesstimate by the strength of your light. a very good grower can get 1 gram per watt or more. starting out if you are getting .3 to .5 grams per watt that's decent.

12. how can that work?....1g per watt...ao 600w hps, 1 plant under it=600grams/?? that dont add up..

13. to expect 1 gram per watt on a first grow aint gonna happen seasoned growers who have ther setups dialed in aim for 1 gram per watt

that is the basic standard for measuring how good your grow is. i did say that a good grower can get that much. 0.5 grams per watt is still very good though and quite doable.

15. 600grams??21 ounces off one plant under a 600w hps....piss off mate, 0.5gpw is more realistic

without a long veg and a lot of training, 30gallon pot, have to be a pro grower you cant get those results, TRUTH.

It adds up perfectly, what part is confusing you? 

17. the whole thing...I have a plant under a 600w hps and I am barely going to get 1 ounce so please tell me how it is possible to get 21 ounces LOL

18. #18 GoldGrower, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014

1 plant 
    500 watts 
    400g quality bud 
    170g popcorn bud and good trim 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ok this shit is crazy if what you say is true but you have scrog and you must have vegged for more than one month, how did you grow that? hydro or soil....fyi I haven't made so many mistakes...only problem I had in my grow was gnats which lasted for 2 weeks, them fukers gotta die boy!

Stop making so many mistakes