How much yield from a 250w hps?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by soapshoedude, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Hey friends. First grow about to start. My question is: how much yield can I expect from 5 seeds using a 250w hps? (I'm using a metal halide bulb in veg) the strain I'm growing is white widow auto flower and Im growing hydroponically out of a 30 gal tub.
    I have enough room in my grow, but is that an ok set up? Or should I plant less. Just want to know a rough estimate so I can know what to expect at harvest. Thanks. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 5 plants under a 250? Good luck brother, try like 2 to get maximum efficiency

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. White widow is a big yielded. You're going to need more light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zero to 12 ounces . my guess is closer to zero

5. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks for letting me know. So what light set up would be sufficient for 5 plants.?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe a 600w would work but a 1000w would probably be best

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok If I plant two seeds and use 250 how much yield can I expect then?

9. So I run a 250 MH during veg and 250hps and 42 watt actual CFL. 3 plant SCROG is your max. Yield varies by genetics. Expect very somewhere between 4-8 oz based on your level of experience. I had some heat issues on my current grow and got a lot of stretch so I kind of blew my SCROG. Check my profile for current pics.

10. I will. Thank you

11. so its your first grow, your going hydro (which can be harder), and your already thinking about harvest. the best advice i can give is dont count your buds til they are done. a 250 can produce alot if you have 1 or 2 plants and do a scrog screen, or you could end up with almost nothing..depending on how well you can grow.

typically a 250 covers like a 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet area efficiently...so you wont be getting many. maybe them being autos might help, but autos are a race against time

12. I pulled 12.47oz(353 grams) dry off my last Grape Crinkle autoflower from my last grow in a 3.5 gallon DWC bubble bucket. Grown under only 270w(at the wall) of LED. But like darren reefnugs already stated if you have a good understanding of your total set up you could really have great results. But if you don't then you could end in outright failure.

13. I grew 2 plants in 5gallon pots and got 3oz a plant

Fox farm soil
    Earth juice grow and bloom and catalyst

• Like Like x 1
  14. I would go with 2 plants, but it can be worth starting more and picking your two best as mink plants can be fairly common. I've had loads in my time.

If you don't have any major problems you should be able to get between 3-6oz from a 250w. Plant genetics and the grower's ability having some influence of course.

I currently have 4 autos under a 250w right now and I was planning to pick the best two and throw away the other two, but I kept all 4. Probably not the best decision but there's plenty of room in the tent so not a huge problem

If you're going to ScrOG it's best to use one plant, or clones from one plant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So if I do want to grow 5 plants this time, upgrading to a 600w would be sufficient?

16. It depends on how big you want the plants. Start off with the size of your area. This will dictate the size of the lights. Then you will have the choice of how many plants you can grow in that set up. 1 plant can fill a 4'x4' area under a 600w HPS and yield a pound. You could have 9 plants in the same area. Yield will be a similar amount, but the veg time will be reduced. The downside being that you will have more plants to look after.

What size is your grow area?