how much would you pay for this bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by porschetarbo, Jan 23, 2014.

1. for $30 you can get a cheap gong bong

2. #22 xxOgkushxx, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    $30 with the bowl is a complete rip off. $20 without is to. wtf $10 for a used bowl? just get ur self a nice little cheap brand new gong off ioffer. and tell him to keep his pos broken glass. that bowls worth $5 brand new. nothing now. and i wud pay $5 max for the whole bong with the bowl not just cuz i wud want it for $5 but just for fucks. anything above $5 is a ripoff. 
    heres a gong for $40. u can def talk em down to 30 if u have some bargaining skills. 
    http://www.ioffer.com/i/small-glass-on-glass-water-pipe-551457078

3. Honeycombs and splash guards are becoming ordinary, so they aren't something that should be considered. Also, I dunno about you, but could you show this off to your friends? I like my pieces to be in pristine shape and you'll always be explaining to your friends what happened, and sound like an idiot when you said you bought it like that. Come on, if you can't take pride in your pieces, then why smoke at all? These are just my opinions of course, but I wouldn't buy this thing at all. I wouldn't even be able to smoke out of it and be happy. No sir, go order your own personal bong. Might be a little more money, but the reason that guy is trying to sell it is because he knows it's worthless. Don't be a sucker. Let him deal with his mistake of breaking his bong, order your own piece you can be proud, and give him the finger as you toke up lol. All the luck to you mate, hope you make the right decision.  :bongin:

4. #24 Shiva Blaster, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    Getting some top-shelf herb and smoking it out of a second-hand, broken bong that is glued together is like ordering filet mignon and eating it off a paper plate with plastic utensils.     Sure, it will get you high, but there's much more to smoking then just the end result just like there is much more to eating than just filling your belly.

Like above OP mentioned, do you want your friends or some cute girl to come over and hit a shitty broken piece of glass, or a nice clean pristine piece?  Smoking out of a dirty broken bong makes you look like a skid.   Spend $75 and you'll have something nice that will last you forever and you can actually be proud of. 

5. everyones posting things like this buy there's no rule or reason that if a bong like that is $20 and he can clean it up and all it has is a resealed crack then why not take it? i mean you guys all sound like a bunch of rich kids saying you wouldn't take it for free  :confused_2:
    sory but if i didn't have my own glass and needed something, $20 for this is what i would do.
    looks gross but you just clean it up as if it were yours

6. Not all of us are "rich kids", some of us are adult stoners that are trying to give this kid advice to save a few more $ and then spend his hard-earned cash on something of better quality (and not broken) for only $40-50 more.    It doesn't matter what it is, I just don't like seeing people waste money on crap. 

7. Did u say epoxy? $0Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. dont smoke broken glass bro, bad look

9. Why would you want a broken piece? Just the fact that its broken would make me not want it. I would take it for free, or maybe pay like $5 for it and just give it to a less fortunate homie.Kottonmouth Kings

10. if its a $30 gong its china glass. id rather get something i know is going to stand the test of time. 

11. A little chip is one thing, that whole joint, is split in half.

Honestly and I know this sounds crappy, conceited, close-minded, etc... but I wouldn't take it off his hands, if he gave it to me. But, that's me. I have plenty of glass.

If I were someone that didn't, I might take it... see how much it cost to repair (get lucky and you know someone, they might do it for $20 - $40)... but, then as others have pointed out... you can buy that whole rig, brand new for about the price of repair.

12. pretty sure all $30 bongs are chinese even if there not gong. but i agree fuck chinese. id save up another 30 nd go with a $60 or a hvy custom creations or a hvy thatll last forever nd isnt some thin shitty glass thatll break from a little tip

not even $40-50 more he can save up another 30 nd get a custom creations. or a small hvy
    http://www.brotherswithglass.com/C2_Custom_Creations_Curve_Water_Pipe_p/bwg-cc2.htm
    http://www.brotherswithglass.com/HVY_Glass_11_In_Straight_Water_Pipe_Fumed_p/bwg-hms2.htm

13. i love my wrkd tube. its a sister company of hvy and the best piece of glass ive ever owned

14. #34 porschetarbo, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014

Can someone answer this question? 

Also, can you tell how well the function of a piece is just by looking at it? I understand it is broken glass and undesirable...but I may just use it for a specific spot and never move it around or show it to people....so the increased breakage factor and ugly factor don't really matter to me. I'm sure the factors that come to mind to determine price is looks, material (break), function (related to features?), and brand. Only the function matters to me. That $40 gong bong, how will it hit compared to the broken bong? It doesn't have honeycomb, the inline perk, or splashguard. How about the other two bongs?

15. [quote name="porschetarbo" post="19391285" timestamp="1390479697"]Can someone explain the difference between this "worthless" bong and expensive ones? 100+ dollar ie. I've never understood this. What is the difference? the result we all want is to get high right? Is the difference that you get higher off the same amount of weed with more expensive bongs? I've hit many of my friends bongs and they all feel the same.... I have a friend who tried this and said it hits super hard....if it gets you high what else do u need?[/quote] it's like art different artist signatures make the price go up, as do percs. And size. It's really all the same to a point but some people like the art factor the fancier bongs bring. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #36 xxOgkushxx, Jan 24, 2014
    theres no answer. weve had multiple bongs and can tell good from bad. chinese honeycomb anint bad but prolly aint the best eiher. if ur going cheap always go with no percs. only function matters to u? then dont get a glued back together bong. and why doesnt material matter to u? the honeycomb and the little cheap gong bong will break within a month. the other 2. will last forever. unless u throw em off a building. u shud care. i understnad this is prolly ur first bong. but listen to our advise nd u wont regret it. if ur set on going $30 bargain that little chinese one. but if i was u i wud save another $30 and get the custom creations. which is well respected glass. even if u dont move it around that glued together joint will break and cost another 60 to get repaired by a glass blower. unless u can get that bong for $5 dont get it. hes charging u $10 for a $5 used bowl which means its now $1. used glass is cheap unless its a one off. and broken glass is worthless. once u break the $30 or $40 ull realize what a waist of money it was. the custom creations and the hvy will both last u a lifetime. its ultimately up to u but paying more then $5 for that pos is not worth it.  
    edit: a chinese perc always sucks to. obviously u and ur frineds dont kno much. anybong can hit hard. bongs are supposed to be as smooth nd as least draggy as possible. 

17. #37 Shiva Blaster, Jan 24, 2014
    Kid, you are asking for advice, and 99% of the people in here are telling you that the cheap bong with the broken joint is not worth buying, yet it seems like you already have your mind made up and don't want to hear it.     I'll say it again, any money spent on that thing is wasted money.  

It comes down to basic economics: buy something once, not twice.  Why spend $20 on a broken bong that will immediately become obsolete when you buy a decent one?   When you get a decent piece (that isn't broken) you will never want to smoke out of that epoxied eye-sore ever again.   As such, it makes a lot more sense to spend or save an extra $30 now and get a decent bong sooner, one that will last you forever and you won't have to hide from your friends out of embarrassment. 

If you don't have any glass and someone is giving that away for free (what I would do, I wouldnt even bother selling broken glass), then it will work until it breaks again, but please don't spend any money on that crap.    Sure, it's got a few features, but it's also got a MASSIVE crack right on the joint, the most important part of the bong, and the most likely to break again.

18. if u cant buy a bong other than this one, offer the dude 25 bucks. 

19. Or you could just light $25 on fire.......please don't. 

20.  haha touche. I just get the feeling that op might not be in a position to buy glass from his LHS, so id rather see a blade smoke out of a nigga-rigged bong than get Alzheimer's 30 years early from tinfoil and waterbottle bongs :/