how much would it cost?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ilikepoptarts, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Alright im planing to grow 3-4 plants indoors.

how much would it cost for the supplies to grow? all i want is an ESTIMATE

hps lights

soil

nutrients

pots

ect....

thanks!!! i researched but am getting mixed prices.

2. #2 TitaniumFox, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    Hmm, you're getting mixed prices b/c you have so many different options to purchase in each category you listed.

If you want an estimate based on what little info you provided, expect to spend around $500. That includes a 400w MH/HPS with an air-cooled reflector and exhaust fan. 400w will provide good coverage for 4 females. Plan to ventilate your space and remove the heat from the 400w.

Nutes for 3-4 plants will run you about 30 bucks, and you'll probably have enough for many more grows. Quality soil is about $15 for 40 litres. Pots can be searched on the net (all of this can, actually). I finish in square buckets to maximize my volume and light footprint, as I grow in a rectangular cabinet.

If you want to deal with the odor during bud time, you'll have to invest in a carbon scrubber. They are very easy to build and people have posted wonderful tutorials around GC with step-by-step instructions.

Don't forget genetics. Depending on your cup of tea, you can spend a good chunk here. For a first grow, less is more, so you may want to go cheaper on the seeds and focus on the fundamentals of growing.

Edit: Once you're invested, the cost for each grow goes down, obviously. Don't skimp out on equipment, you'll regret it later. Also, put a lot of thought into your grow room and how you plan to address some of the common issues you'll have (heat with a HID, ventilation, odor, giving them nutes too early--rofl).

3. plus rep thanks!