How much wind is too much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GanjaGuru710, Mar 9, 2017.

1. #1 GanjaGuru710, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    I have a mix of 11 and 9 day old plants. I have a rotating holmes fan on low. Its not bending them over alot but its giving them quite a shake and ruffling the leaves a good bit. Just wondering how much is to much.

2. When you're pushing out more than air.

3. What? Lol

4. I only have one oscillating tower fan in both the veg and bud room. The towers are nice because they don't hang up as much on things if your room is stuffed. They have less tendency to suck up fan leaves too. I keep them running on high and my rooms are packed. I'll often see a few negative signs on the plants that are too close to the fan. They just tend to dry out too much. It's basically called wind burn. The same thing you would get on your lips if you were out in the wind too much.

Just watch for negative signs on leaves that are close to the fans. If you don't see any you're fine. Air is very important to bud development in the flower room. Buds only develop well if they get good air and light.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for all the info. Ill try it on low for a while and see how they react.

6. For me i have mine on low and pointed at a stationary point facing AWAY from the plants at the wall, it is just enough to push the leaves around a bit, that is all they need for a while, later on though around halfway through veg they will need a bit more than that, so that is when you point the fan at the plants, oscillating of course. Plants breath in co2 and out oxygen so in between oscillations the plants are absorbing the co2, and than as the wind hits them it blows away all the toxic (to them) oxygen they breath out and leaves in clean for more co2 intake on the next windbreak, sort of speak lol.