Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much will this effect me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jton, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Hey all - long time browser of the forums, first time poster. I've never smoked cannabis before, but I just got some the other day. It appears to be "fire" from what I can tell. Pretty dank I'm assuming. But since I've never done this before, I have a few questions:

1.) If I got high, how noticeable is it going to be? I don't want people to find out, and there aren't many times I can set aside 4-6 hours to be alone.

2.) How effectively can you function while high?

3.) Can you do homework high, or take a test, without it effecting your knowledge of the subject?

I'm very tempted to try my weed now, but it's exam week, so I think I'll wait until Friday. But I just don't want my parents to find out. My friend (an experienced smoker) told me to start off with hits not larger than the size of a dime. Is this good advice?

Thanks,
    J

2. You probably will not get high the first time.
    or you will get really high depends on the person just remember to inhale and not to hold it in your mouth.

3. Thanks for the advice :)

4. the first time you get high will be quite noticeable. amazingly so. and you friend is about right. i would start of with a pinch or twos worth of bud if you are worried about getting too blazed.

happy toking:hello: and remember to inhale!!

5. Its really hard to tell a newbie how to smoke.

Just smoke a 2 hits. sit back and relax.

You may not start to feel the effects the 1st time. You may think your doing it wrong. you might be...

I graduated highschool stoned. I passed all my classes and all such. You just need to know. Its going to take awhile before you can actually function like a normal person high..

your 1st year is going to be Crazy Scary and Full of fun.

Just know. WEED WONT KILL YOU!. Dont freak out. Just sit back and relax.

You dont want to smoke more then just a few hits.

DONT smoke an entire bowl your 1st times.
    As to after youll freak out.

Get some friends over who do smoke and know how to help someone out their 1st time.

You dont want to smoke alone for your 1st times. Youll end up FREAKING OUT!.

Good luck. It takes time to become a Stoner that can function normally high.

6. Depends on the kind you smoke, 4 hours should be fine. And how noticeable it is depends on your personality I guess, some people are crazy some are not, you might laugh quite a bit, it's best doing it with one of your close friend for the first time.
    Well for me, I am inefficient, and cannot take anything seriously lols. Might be different for other people.
    You will probably not be able to concentrate. If you think of doing your first time during school or something, just wait till a break, or weekend, you do not know how you will react on your first try.

Depends on the amount of hits, and many other effects, I personally think that first time you will be able to feel something at least.

7. 1. 4-6 hours should easily be enough time for you to be fully function-able, as long as you don't smoke a ton. and for how noticeable it really depends on how high you get and how well you can control yourself. aswell as how red your eyes get, but you can just get eye drops for that.
    2. it really depends how much you smoke. since its your first time you could get extremely high if you smoked a lot. but if you didnt smoke that much you should be able to function pretty well. and you will soon get used to controlling yourself when you are high. (if you are to continue smoking).
    3. for me i am always able to concentrate on school work about 30ish minutes after i smoke, because i wont have that super heavy high like right after i smoked.
    im not really clear on what he/she means by hits no larger then i dime. but just start off my taking smaller hits and eventually your lungs will get used to it.
    hope this helped

8. Everything is in the inhale, then hold it in for 3 seconds. Then you can exhale.

Don't take too much. Hit it twice and sit back. Enjoy your ride.

9. Thanks for the great advice everyone. This decision has not been rash, I have been reading these forums and forums like this for well over three months doing research and figuring out if this is a good move for me. I think that it is will alleviate my stress level.

Also, yes, I've heard that many times you will not get high the first time. But I've smoked other things before, so I kindof know the technique (I think? :rolleyes:)

10. I'm pretty sure you will get high for your first time, before I got high for my first time I smoked ciggs with my friend and then I thought I wasn't going to feel anything, and was I wrong, I still laugh about it sometimes. :)

11. the only thing stopping you from getting high the first time it not knowing proper technique.
    if you got the inhale down, you will definitely get skyhi:D:poke:

12. Well I'm sure hoping it will.

I hear that smoking helps destroy some of the evils in this world, temporary albeit, but liberating and glorious nonetheless.

13. also don't smoke when you have a paper to write or anything important it might stress you out too much

14. #14 MaDKroniK, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010

Put it off as long as possible bro. It will get in the way of things. Schoolwork, effort, etc. I guess it all depends on the person but thats what normally happens to people. It's all up to you though bro, just choose wisely and think about it. Marijuana will always be there, your school and opportunities come once in a life time.

1.) If I got high, how noticeable is it going to be? I don't want people to find out, and there aren't many times I can set aside 4-6 hours to be alone.

Your eyes will become red and low. They will also become very glassy. People will be able to tell that you are high. You can get some Visine though to fix that problem. It is going to be difficult to hide it unless you know exactly what your doing.

2.) How effectively can you function while high?

If your trying to comparing it to being drunk, stop. It is nothing like being drunk. You will be able to function but you will become hungry, thirsty, and giggly. You will be in a great mood. Other than that, it all depends on the person.

3.) Can you do homework high, or take a test, without it effecting your knowledge of the subject?

I can't smoke and do homework. Just not my thing, it depends on the person. I cannot for the life of me focus on what I'm doing, homework wise. When I'm at work and I'm high I get super productive and can't stop moving. It makes me want to work harder for some reason.

-My friend (an experienced smoker) told me to start off with hits not larger than the size of a dime.

When you do decide to try it just take it slow and start small. It is going to make you cough and gag naturally. Do it in moderation too if you do chose to smoke.

15. Thanks, this is what I kinda needed to know in order to plan when I'm going to do it. From the given feedback so far, I will definitely wait for after exams.

16. See quote

17. haha i like all this complex shit on here about how to smoke...

first time i smoked i didn't get high...the easiest way to inhale is have the weed piece in your mouth and breathe like your taking a breath. don't think about it to much cuz you will prob just end up taking it in your mouth which won't be to much fun in the long run.

""""""Jton Re: How much will this effect me?
    Thanks for the great advice everyone. This decision has not been rash, I have been reading these forums and forums like this for well over three months doing research and figuring out if this is a good move for me. I think that it is will alleviate my stress level.

Also, yes, I've heard that many times you will not get high the first time. But I've smoked other things before, so I kindof know the technique (I think? :rolleyes:) \t"""""
    ----I remember when i use to have to rationalize to myself why i smoke weed, now i know i smoke weed cuz i love it, smoke that shit and take your mind to places its always dreamed to go man

18. 1. Use VISENE or clear eyes or any other red-eye reliefe eye drops you choose, some burn the more expensive stuff doesnt, and it leaves your eyes a pure milky white no signs at all! but then your eyes go "chinese" (no offense to anyone) so either you wear sunglasses in bright areas or just chill in an area that isnt so intense.

2. I can function 100% in every aspect of my life, being an all-da-every-day smoker for life give or take some short term memory loss (not all the time, diff weed diff effects) I find myself functioning at a regular 9-5 better than the other employees, sucking fir life at their cigaretts on break, as if they hated life itself and their job and existence XD I toke and feel peace and love! Depends on the type of wead, and how 'heavy' the effects are.

3. YOU CAN do homework high, and in some casses it either brings the focus and attantion you desire for study, minus the stress and boringnes. Ive been throught school high and graduated with a 3.7gpa and im nothing special by far and hated school and its workings, weed just made it fun and tolerable.

As for a test, I wouldnt smoke the day of the test, EXCEPT for maybe a very tiny ammount in the morning and after the test of course. It defeats anxiety, and stress that would otherwise mottle your brain, make you nervouse during testing, and forget most of what you learned. (SMOKE VERY LITTLE you dont wat to be STONED! lol but more intuitive)

Your friend is right, take small hits about the size of a penny or dime, and dont rush the smoke take a toke every 10 seconds, try to absorbe your surroundings or music, its not meant to be smoked like a nasty ass cigarett rushing to smoke to the butt for tat nicotine rush, its meant to be a soothing calming salve for the mind and body and introduced slowly at first, then when you know Miss Jane well enough, have at her as rough as you like! she can take it can you?! lol

19. Thank you so very much for the advice everyone!

Tomorrow is the big day, I'll maybe post some pics of my stash and I'll post how it goes.

20. how did it go man? a success?