How much will I harvest with a 400 watt hps/mh in a 2x4x5 grow tent?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mentaltolerance, Dec 2, 2013.

1. <span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">So I've been thinking about getting a medical marijuana card and cultivation license to grow my own, and I have all of my basic plans laid out. Here is a list of materials and conditions that will apply to this grow;</span></span>
    There ya have it, that's the list of everything I know that I'm going to do for sure. It's all I can afford at the moment :blink:
    Now that that's settled, I have a few questions that need answering. First off, please, please, PLEASE only give advice if it's something that you KNOW FOR CERTAIN to be true and have actually seen work better than any other method several times/consistently, or if you are a very expirienced grower who has a vast undersanding of the best methods of cultivating cannabis. Also please include a detailed description of exactly what you did, not bits and peices of what might work. I'm not a newbie to this, I just want to improve quantity and quality. Thanks everybody :)
    1. What are the best soils/soil combonations to use for a warmer climate, both for seedlings (before transplant) and everything after.?\t
    2. What are the best things you can put in, under, or around the soil in terms of nutrients (natural or not) as to create the heaviest yeilding yet sweetest and most potent buds you can without noticing the taste of say chicken shit or decomposed fish after harvest?\t
    3. What ways have you witnessed actually work to make buds more flavorful, resinous, and smell better?\t
    4. Are there ANY negtive effects due to keeping the lights on 24/7 for vegatative growth? What is the BEST light cycle (seedlings through flowering)?\t
    5. Will I create too much heat? (its winter time in the dessert right now, it stays about 70-80 inside)\t
    6. Will my bill shoot out of the roof?\t
    7. What are the best (details pretty please  :rolleyes:) methods of stressing a plant to make it stronger and produce more resin?\t
    8. Last but the opposite of least==> If I grow the northern lights, keep my light and fans on as much as possible, stay on top of general care ( watering, trimming, pruning, etc..), top the plants a few times, use some good nutrients, dont harvest until 75% of the trichomes are amber, and stress the plants by bending cutting etc.., about how much (and how dank) do you think I could get off of this total? (3 plants) Thanks for reading my long ass post guys, please leave some good advice.!!! :D :smoke:   :hippie:   :bongin:

2. ^good guess.. gonna have to say bout 8-12 lbs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. At least 3 marijuanas, maybe 4

4. you really think I could pull over 4 lbs. per plant inside in a tiny tent like that???? it's only 2x4x5

And even 2.6 lbs each is a surprising number for me, I'll be more than happy if I get 1 each

5. You should be able to get 20 pounds if you run the light 36 hours a day.

6. lol you have reading to do kid

7. Lmao you guys shouldn't fuck with a noob so bad. He's gonna be heart broken when he discovers it's physically impossible to pull that much off a little 400w... oh shit did I just give it away??

8. As much as I appreciate unnecessary sarcasm and people condescending behind a screen, I'm actually looking for a real answer and chose to get on a forum to find more specific answers for my specific environment as another grain of salt to add to the shaker. Please don't bother if you're gonna act like you're smarter than the person who made this profile and not give the small amount of info you know them by the benefit of the doubt.

9. I know i wont get more than half a lb each or so, I was just wondering if anyone's grown with the exact same setup and had results

10. #11 snoopdog6502, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    the best I have heard is 15 ounces under 400w with a long veg hydro scrog and not in a small tent. They got in the  1 gram per watt range.

Realistically you might get 4 ounces after 120 days as long as you dont fuck up.

A 400W is no powerhouse so you have to not make rookie mistakes like nuke the shit out of the plants with nutes and overwater.

Good luck.

11. Come on guys give the guy a break. Usually final yield is determined by light wattage times 10, so 400 x 10 = 4000g = 8.8 lbs.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. these guys are funny but honestly you have so many variables there that no one on earth can you give you an exact number..

all these questions you asked will take months of research to answer not one forum post

• Like Like x 1
    Thank you, so much. Why would you say realistically though? assuming I'll fuck something up or simply not performing miracles?

14. 400 grams if you know what ypu're doing.

yea your first run getting things dialed in is where you make mistakes, it happens to everyone.

I can tell you some tricks that is the best advice I can give....

If its not broke don't fix it. dont fuck with things for no reason.

water and light is key, take care of both.

Ignore the plants, they don't grow faster if you look at them every 10 minutes.

You do that and before you know it the damn things will be big smelly trees, its a weed, it will grow like hell if you let it.

good luck man.

16. Hahaha i do tend to play the guitar for hours and sing off key random lyrics to my babies about smoking and loving them :laughing:  Thanks a million chief

17. An experienced grower will yield anywhere 1/2-1gram per watt depending on veg time, strain, and climate (temperature, light intensity & humidity). So a little math gives you...200-400grams = 7-14 ounces.

You on the other hand have no idea what you're doing. You have planned out a list of stuff to build a grow room (which is a great start) but the second half of your post shows how little you know. It is unfortunate that you haven't been proactive and researched this yourself because there is a plethora of information on the web with many different perspectives and ways of going about growing. I'm feeling somewhat generous tonight so I'll take my time and answer each of your questions (though once I answer them you'll have a hundred more).

What are the best soils/soil combonations to use for a warmer climate, both for seedlings (before transplant) and everything after.?
    • My favorite seedling soil mix is 3 parts Promix, or Sunshine #4, 1 part worm castings, and a little bit of dolomite and mycorrhizal fungi. My favorite soil to transplant into would be Roots Organic, it has essential nutrients for the plant and can usually get them through the vegetative phase.
    What are the best things you can put in, under, or around the soil in terms of nutrients (natural or not) as to create the heaviest yeilding yet sweetest and most potent buds you can without noticing the taste of say chicken shit or decomposed fish after harvest?
    • First off, putting worm, bat, and chicken poo in your soil will not make your buds smell or taste like that. Second, look up subcools super soil if you want to go pure organic. There are synthetic and organic nutrient lines that can be mixed in with the water that you use but being this is your first time growing it may be better to use subcools super soil as you only have to add water (and maybe a little molasses) through out the entire grow and don't have to worry about nutrient burn/salt lockout.
    What ways have you witnessed actually work to make buds more flavorful, resinous, and smell better?
    • Growing organically has produced the most flavorful smoke for me. Growing with synthetic fertilizers can produce a more aesthetically appealing bud, but the flavor is not as complex as organic.
    Are there ANY negtive effects due to keeping the lights on 24/7 for vegatative growth? What is the BEST light cycle (seedlings through flowering)?
    • This is an age old debate. You will never find a definite answer. But I'll give you some information and let you decide for yourself. A plant usually grows it's foliage during the daylight whereas it focuses on root growth during the dark period. Growing 24/0 during the first month of veg is completely fine, in fact growing 24/0 during all of veg is fine but remember that during flower the buds only get as big as the roots are. So bigger root ball = bigger buds. If you never give your plants any dark period their root ball will be significantly smaller than ones given 4 or 6 hours of dark. I like 24/0 for the first month of veg, 18/6 for the second month, and 12/12 for flower.
    Will I create too much heat? (its winter time in the dessert right now, it stays about 70-80 inside)
    • You need a fresh air intake hole and an outtake fan. Yes you will produce too much heat unless you can vent your grow room, make sure you have a fresh intake hole as carbon dioxide is essential for a plant to grow. A 6" inline fan will do NOTHING. You need a 4-6" exhaust fan depending on whether you have a carbon filter attached to it.
    Will my bill shoot out of the roof?
    • No.
    What are the best (details pretty please  :rolleyes:) methods of stressing a plant to make it stronger and produce more resin?
    • Stressing a plant is the stupidest thing you can do and will reduce yield. Now if you're referring to LST'ing, topping, fimming, or super cropping then yes, all of those can help create more bud sites and increase yields. However due to your lack of knowledge you probably have no idea what a couple of those are. Go research it. Try and be a little self sufficient...
    Last but the opposite of least==> If I grow the northern lights, keep my light and fans on as much as possible, stay on top of general care ( watering, trimming, pruning, etc..), top the plants a few times, use some good nutrients, dont harvest until 75% of the trichomes are amber, and stress the plants by bending cutting etc.., about how much (and how dank) do you think I could get off of this total? (3 plants) Thanks for reading my long ass post guys, please leave some good advice.!!!

• 75% amber trichomes? Again, you need to read more. Indica dominants want to be harvested with mostly cloudy and 25% amber trichomes whereas Sativa dominants want to be harvest with 50+% amber trichomes.

EXPECT 2 - 4 OUNCES, the more you research and learn the closer you'll get to 4 ounces.

• Like Like x 1
    There is no assuming...you WILL fuck something up, or run into some unforeseen problem.