Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much weed do i need per brownie?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by harlemshake, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys, this weekend i'll be making weed brownies for the first time for me and some friends. I'm wondering how much weed i need per brownie, and i'll using mids.

A lot of us, including myself havent tried them before, and a couple of people i know have had a bad experience from having too much, so i dont want to trip everyone out by using too much. That being said, its going to be a sunday and no one has anything on all day, so i want to get suitably blasted :)

So is .5g per brownie too little? Is 1g per brownie too much? I know some people opt for less, but i want to be pretty damn baked, without going too far and getting paranoid or greening out.

2. btw we all have fairly low tolerance. Im just thinking .5g per brownie might only get us buzzed or a little high. I want it to be fairly strong, but not so much i get paranoid and freak out.

3. More important than how much you use per brownie is how you extract the cannabanoids.
    Are you make canna-oil or butter?
    How are you making it?
    There are many, many guidelines here. Are you following one of those?

4. My guideline is eat as much as you smoke in a sesh. For me, that's about 2 grams. It really depends on how you make it (I heard oil get you higher).

5. Half a gram per serving is what I usually rec. for edibles and then I usually suggest you make extra for seconds if anyone wants/needs them. Typically, the extras will get cobbled up once the munchies kick in and everyone will have a nice long high. DON'T FORGET TO DECARB, btw.

6. The problem with these recommendations is that if OP was to make brownies the way I make them .5g per serving would make you green out. There are more variables here.

7. lmao How exactly do you make brownies?

8. I make an alcohol extraction (Green Dragon or Tincture) and then evaporate as many doses of that as I want in to coconut oil for a box mix. My last batch work out to about .1g per brownie, giving a good solid high. 2 will send me into orbit. 5 brownies (.5g) would have you asleep/greening out.
    And no, I don't have a low tolerance. Been a daily user for many years. I could smoke a couple grams and not get as high as 2 brownies will get me.

:smoking:

9. Ah, well, I'm going to take a venture and say harlemshake probably isn't going to prepare a tincture to make his brownies with. lol In my experience, .5 gram is .5 gram when it comes to brownies unless you have a special preparation as you do, which should be specified rather than assumed IMHO.

10. #10 harlemshake, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    I wasn't aware that oil vs butter made a difference. I'd be making the oil, simmering it, then putting it into a store bought brownie mix.

Doing the absolute basic brownie recipe by the way. This is my first time making them. I dont even know what a tincture is.

using this method http://applesoft.com/brownies/

11. Hi jojo

I'm looking at doing similar is there a tutorial for your method anywhere it sounds amazing.

12. It's fat that you want and oil has a bit more of it than butter.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/589711-tips-tricks-edible-success.html
    DON'T FORGET TIP #2, even if your recipe doesn't include it.

13. Yes. There is a great thread going here.
    Click that link and read about it, amazing stuff. It will change how you make any edible.

14. Appreciated but looks far too difficult too me.

15. Decarbing will make your edibles more potent. It converts THCA into the THC that you want. If your product is well aged it may be at least partially decarbed already.
    It takes a bit of time but it is worth it.

16. It's really not and you risk not getting high if you don't otherwise cook it long enough at the right temperatures (half hour at lower temps). You HAVE to decarb, whether you do it before mixing it in something or while it's in something, otherwise you won't get high. Like the poster above stated, it converts inactive THCA into THC, which is what will get you high. If you haven't heard about people doing it, you just haven't done enough research on making edibles. Also, if you're worried about the five hours thing, that's if you use like a pound of uncured marijuana or something. lol A half hour should be good if you're just making brownies. :smoke:

17. So i'll be using around 5-7g, 30 mins in oven at 150F before i start cooking or anything is all i need to do? i just dont want to risk burning the weed, charring it or screwing something up. Ive never made brownies before.

18. normally a g per brownie.. thats good shit though

19. You won't burn anything. 150F is on the low side, though I believe that is the temp BKS recommends. 200F is also very safe. THC doesn't start vaporizing till above 300F.