how much water

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by free2theway, Feb 12, 2003.

1. HI TO ALL I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I AM HAPPY I FOUND THIS SITE. I LOVE THIS STUFF AND NOW I AM READY TO GROW IT. I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON THIS FOR SOME TIME NOW AND I HAVE ALL THE THINGS I NEED. I AM GOING TO LET YOU KNOW HOW IT COMES OUT. O CAN SOME ONE HELP ME BEFOR I FORGET HOW MUCH DO YOU WATER YOUR PLANT.

2. There is no easy answer to your question, the good thing is that you will quickly develop a feel for when and how much to water. When first sprouted in a small pot you will probably have to water at least once a day, the idea is to keep the top from drying out too much. Once they are a couple of weeks old or so, you should be giving them enough water to wet the soil all the way to the bottom of the pot, then let it dry out pretty good before watering again. How much water this will require is dependant on many factors such as what type of soil you use, what size the pots are, how much heat your lights produce etc. Sounds complicated but is'nt really, if using tap water it is best to let it sit in an open container for a couple of days to let chlorine + suchlike evaporate away before use.
    Good luck