How much trimming is too much trimming?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by incognitto1, Sep 9, 2017.

1. So.... I knew nothing when I started. And still very much learning.
    4 plants, 1 week into 12/12. I only have an 80 x 80 x 160 tent. They're sat under a 600w hps. I veg'ed for too long (?) about 8 weeks. Now 1 week in to 12/12 they've started growing quickly. I work away from home 4 on 4 off. Watering is difficult. They get plain water (sat and oxygenated) daily while I'm away. Then feet water feed water while I'm home. 23-28degs night and day. Grown in canna/perilite mix. They're looking good for a first grow.
    I've started thinning them out. Removing large fan leaves so the lights spread evenly.
    How stressful is this to the plant? Could I over do it if I'm not careful? I am very conscious that I have already run out of room and they only gonna get bigger!
    Suggestions?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Lollipop the bottom1/3 of the plant and only remove the fan leaves that are covering bud sights do it in week two of flower. Once you do it the first time try not to cut anymore off down the road. Some people swear by defoliation I myself do not.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Some of those higher branches I would super crop then so the canopy is even

• Like Like x 1
  4. No more than 25% of plant defoliation, any more will retard growth. Only remove big fan leaves if they are severely blocking bud sits, try and bend them down. Fan leaves carry lots of nutrients for the plant to feed off of and act as solar panels for the plants energy...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks. What does "super cropping" mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

This is what I came home to today. This is before I started trimming.

7. You take the taller branches gently pitch them until the branch is playable and can be bent over to even up the canopy. Be very carefull not to pintch the branch completely off. It's sounds very terrible but the plant will survive.

8. Thanks that is very informative.
    I'm not sure that's gonna help my space issue though as the issue will be width more that height.

9. Maybe for future reference just do one or two plants in that size tent. I have a 4×4×6 tent and I only put one plant in at a time I just make sure the plant isn't taller than 3 feet or I'm in trouble lol

10. Yeah, like I said, I knew nothing! Lol. Will limit it to two next time! It's gonna be a struggle to keep all four going but as it's first time I'm not looking for massive yields. This is very much a learning curve. Strange how addictive it is though. I can't wait to see them everyday to see how much they've grown.