Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much to fill a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Max Dose, Dec 12, 2010.

1. How much do i fill a bong? I've never been quite sure of this, and am worried I may be putting either too much or too little in. How far above the bottom of the stem should the water level be?:confused:

2. i think this is mostly preference. I have only like 1/4" of water above my diffuser for less drag.

3. i fill the water so it is about 1/2 inch to 1 inch above the slide

4. 1/4"-1/2" above the end of the downstem is what the majority of people prefer

5. Some people prefer it with as little water as possible, (less drag, less filtering) others prefer quite a bit of water (more filtering, more drag)

You should experiment with the water levels to find what you like.

6. As long as it does not leak and you don't get any back-splash in your mouth (tastes so crap) it doesn't matter too much

7. thanks guys. i found that if i put 1/2" above the bottom of the down stem, my bong clears a lot slower, anyone else notice that?