Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much to eat?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ghoti, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I made a firecracker recently and put .8 in it. I got nauseous and passed out, but up til then it was epic.
    So, I was wondering how much I should try next time? I was thinking of putting a .5-.6 in it. What do you think?

2. Firecrackers are seriously inefficient, and should only be made if you're desperate for quick and nasty edibles, or have loads of spare bud to throw around. I cook with BadKat's method (stickied in this forum) and I get where I want to be on .2 or less.

3. I don't have the materials listed in his guide.
    Also, nasty? Firecrackers with nutella taste amazing.

4. I'm not saying nasty as in tasting nasty, just that it's a very poor way to cook weed.

Anyway, you have an oven, obviously. So try this simplified method:

Bake your weed at 110C/230F for half an hour (by itself). This will decarboxylate the cannabinoids, making them activated for eating. But you still need to cook it in oil, or your digestive system won't absorb them properly.

So then grind your bud up as finely as possible (preferably with an electric coffee/spice grinder), and then put it in a small dish for baking (even a glass jar) and cover it with cooking oil (preferably coconut oil, but olive oil, or any other oil really, will work). Then bake it again (same temp) for 2 hours.

Ideally, you should at least get some soy lecithin, available from many health food stores, or online. It really kicks in the edibles big time, so you'll need far less to get you to the same place. Toss some of that in the mix (~ 10-15% of the amount of oil you've used) when you cook the weed in oil.

Of course, using this method for a gram or less of weed might seem like too much effort, but at least when you've done it once, you'll know what it does, and next time you'll be able to do it with several grams.

5. Good looks man, i'll be trying this method this weekend :metal:

6. The rule is 3x of whatever you smoke to get high. that's .6 to some, and an eighth to others. But most of us are somewhere in between.

7. I will also try this method this weekend!

8. That's your rule, not mine. A quarter of a gram is enough for me, sometimes a little too much - and I get high every day. Sounds like you're not cooking your weed properly.

9. Nice one. And I hope you get some soy lecithin - as I said, big difference.

10. Could I get the soy lecithin at a regular grocerie (close enough) store or would it have to be a special shop?