how much thc in the plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by germ4321, Aug 11, 2008.

1. It says not only how they were all grow, but it also says what kind of plants. It goes on in the text to even say whether or not they plants hermied or not. If you would have read it. Those questions would have been answered for you.

Further more, this PDF isn't from a seed farmer dude. Once again, read the text. Use some common sense and read it.:)

2. #22 amsterdamage, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    how well a plant's grown is of course very important to it's final potency.
    However, if we assume equal growing conditions the only other factor that
    can affect potency is genetics

Of the two I'd say growing skills is the most important, because once you've mastered the
    skills of growing you can always buy good seeds and produce superb plants, however poor
    growing skills will always yield substandard plants regardless of their seeds potential

3. Right, but isn't this about the way to actually test the amount of THC in the plants?

I'm saying, that if you used the same scientific process from the PDF with any cannabis. You would be able to find the THC content. The better the specimin, the higher the content.

4. What he's saying is, you can grow White Russian to be 10% thc or 20% thc, it all depends on how well its grown. Theres no way to determine how much thc is in a seed, and I doubt a real "research study" was done. If they told you that, they're awfully desperate to get a sale.

5. I agree, but if it is controlled study (which is possible) all variables can be accounted for with the exception of genetics.
    Therefore, it is possible, given a controlled environment, with more than one study group, to find the average THC content of a given strain.

6. Yes I agree with this statement ..... the problem is that as soon as you change one variable (light, temp, nute strength, soil amendment, etc ...), then you'd have to start all over ...... which is exactly why its just marketing hype when a seed retailer gives a THC %, and there are far better things for a beginner to focus on.

7. or at least that strain's potential to have that level of THC.
    Whether it actually reaches is dependent on the skills of the grower.

I actually think there're more important things than just the amount of thc.
    A very potent strain will get you stoned as soon as you start smoking it, but I prefer to be able to do things after smoking so I like a strain that tastes nice and has an "interesting" high rather than just a powerful high. That's going to depend on the relative percentages of thc and the other cannabinoids and the way it was cured and probably other things that we don't even know about yet

8. There you go. Average. As I stated above.

9. Aye.

Studies have been done. That's why seed banks will say that strains like White Russian have 21%THC content. Whether or not they pulled the experiment off correctly?...who knows. But I know that the plants that they say have high contents....do have high contents. As long as you can grow halfway decent, they are as dank as it comes.

10. If we can carbon date fossils, rocks, & dinosaur bones from the Mesozoic era that are millions & millions of years old.......I am quite confidant the amount of THC in plants can be determined.

It may vary by +/- 1%-3%, but overall, it is quite accurate.