How much sunlight are your outdoor plants getting?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mainvillageman, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I have found a very discreet location to plant this year, but it will only get about 5 hrs of direct sunlight. Is that going to give me a super shitty yield? I'm at around 35deg N lat. How much light do your plants get?

2. I see shitty fluffy yield in your future. I would really look for a new spot. During peak summer in getting 10-13 hrs of direct light. Monsters son.

3. Okay I'll do some more searching. I just really don't want my plants to be spotted by a chopper, know what I mean?

4. No I grow legally in my back yard. I wave when the choppers fly over.

5. I'm green with jealousy haha.

6. Is that how much light it's getting now, or how much it will be getting during the grow season? I don't get a ton of light in my plot, but 5 hours is bare minimum though. 7-8 hours is enough to get good growth. If you think you will get that much this summer I'd go for it. Most hidden plots compromise some daylight for privacy. More light is better, but we all have to work with what we've got.

7. Right now I'm looking at about 2.5hrs. Grow season will be about 5hrs. I might be able to add an hour if I cut a tree down..ehh. now, I live on a fairly large plot of land-140 acres - and this spot is really secluded, but i can find spots with more sunlight at the cost of visibility. I just really wouldn't want to get busted.

8. Usually they just come in and chop down the plants and leave a note or card to let the grower know they were there. They would have to catch you at the plot to charge you with it. Especially on big land they don't even know who owns it half the time. Read Bluemagoos grow journal in the outdoor grow journals. The last couple pages should explain how things went down for him when they found his grow.

If I was you Id plant in a few different patched. Try one spot with more light for one or two plants. And use your shady spot for one or two plants. That way you have a better chance of getting something through till harvest.

You should also read Old Porks grow journal. Such good info in there for any non back yard grower. Even though yours is on your land, it seems more like a Gurilla grow at heart.

9. That's some prime advice. I will do just that. Thanks a bunch.