How much sun do i need

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cali_Toker, Apr 4, 2003.

1. I just moved into a new apartment and i have a little patio, only thing is its behind another building so it dosent get alot of sun. It proally gets about a good 3-4 hours of decent sun a day. Is this enough to grow a plant, keep in mind its summertime so this is gonna be 80-100 degree california sunshine. Lemme know if this is enough sunshine to even bother trying to grow with. thanks

2. anyone know ??? thanks

3. well dont take my word for it im not completly positive but i would say u need at least 5 hours of direct sunlight and 5 hour of incondesent sunlight for them to grow well but i dont grow outdoor so im not that sure

someone who grows outdoor help this guy out c'mon speake up for him

hope that helps

charlie067.

4. 5-6 direct, and indirect the rest of the day and not in deep dark shadows.

5. 6 hours in summer is considered direct full sun.

6. Normally, vegetative growth needs above 12-13 hrs sunlight per day. Flowering will start when the sun has backed off to about 12 hrs per day. In the UK (whereIam) I will start the grow about now - I'll get the plants out about 1 June (veg growth June July August - flowering mid-Aug Sept - harvest early to mid Oct).

4 -5 hours of natural light is very poor, I'm afraid. Any plant grown in that environment will be very thin, sparse.

Cheers,

NotSquared

7. I disagree....for the vegetative stage my plant got around 4 hours of light...strong stem and very healthy...flowering stage it only got 2-3 hours of morning sunlight and is budding at the expected rate...harvest is in 1 week and it looks fine to me

8. But then again, that could just be this strain. But of course, the more light the better but the plant I have has done considerably well. Also, I made a mistake on the previous post. DUring its vegetative stage it got around 6 hours of light which is plenty. But during the flowering stage it has only gotten 3 hours of direct sunlight which is not a lot at all but it is budding at the expected rate.