How much should you water your plant when its flowering~??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by akos789, Sep 9, 2009.

1. My plant is just starting its second week of flowering and I'm not sure how much I should be watering it.....

Some of my friends told me i should starve it for water until i chop it down but then i was on someones guide site last night that said they need more water then usual when flowering. What should i do?

Also one other random question.... what is flushing? i keep seeing it around but I dont know what it means or if i should be doing it.

thanks in advance

2. From what i have heard, Water your plants with 2 gallons of water every 2-3 days depending on the soil's dryness. Ive maybe watered my plants a total of 6 times this year, but they have a very close water supply (swampy terrain) so i cant go by personal experiance.

Flushing means you just water your plants with normal water for the last 2 weeks before harvest. No Nutrients or additives, just straight water.

3. your friends are wrong! You can check your soil by sticking your finger down a couple inches in the soil and if its dry then water it till water comes out the bottom. You can also buy a moisture meter from home depot or lowes for around $10. I like to see about a half gallon come out (if its in a pot). If in the ground I give it about 2 gallons. You want to flush your plant, just using straight water through it, at least 2 weeks before. This will keep your bud from tasting like fertilizer. Hope this helps.

4. I am 4/5 week info flowering and mine are drinking 1gallon every 2-3 days. I can notice when there ready because the leaves start dropping real bad. Water that night and there pointing straight out for the next few days

5. Thanks for the quick replys

One last question:

Should I water my plant the night before i chop it down?

6. From what I hear, watering right before harvest increases drying time.

7. not unlikely but it also increases yeild

8. how would it increase yield.... the only yield that would be increase is before the drying./////

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. How much water depends a lot on your climate. If I don´t water mine every 24 they are wilting by 36.

10. Jesis Christ! 2 gallons every 2 to 3 days? im giving my girls 800-1000ml of water 2 times per week. every tuesday and saturday. thats less then a half gallon. like doris said the amount of water you give is dependand on your climate. if you give too much youl have root rot and other problems to deal with. i would give around 1000ml then wait 2-4 days. wait for the soil to look dry and feel dry, also the plant will start looking thirsty. there needs to be dry days in between watering so Oxygen can get to the roots. if i were to give my plants 2 gallons they wouldnt need to be watered for 2 weeks. thats just too much for my climate.

11. No one has stated as to whether they're watering plants in pots or in the ground. Big difference.

12. well mine are in the ground.

13. pots here and I just checked my h20 jug its 1.87L. I use 1 1/2 for each plant so that under a Gallon of h20 every 3 days est. I agree with the above post you can notice when there ready by the leaves starting to drop.

14. So are mine. They currently get 1.75/gal every third day at 4AM, dependent on daytime temps. They average 5' high by 4' wide. We're due for some high 90 days this week and it'll go to every other day for that period. I water right up to a few days before the trichs turn 50/50 amber on the top colas.

15. Mine are in the ground. I don't like to shock them during flowering with water deprivation and use a moisture tester with an 8" probe to eliminate over/under-watering.

16. i totally agree my barneys g13 haze wants water every other day.....it gets wilted so fast but theres alot of bud on it. i just imagine people growing in the ground they need alot of water

17. My largest girl is currently taking 3 gallons a day. Good job my grow is next to a tap - that´s a faucet to you Americans.

18. Generaly Cannabis do not require so Much water and plants doing much better by less than alot water.
    Plant do not reqiure more water for flow than what she need for veg, so your standard watering will be ok.

If you grow in the ground you dont need flushing.

19. #19 Doris_Karloff, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009

Totally disagree, I am afraid.

If I do not water daily my plants start to wilt.

So much depends on your climate, which you regretfully appear to ignore.

20. Just folow grow reports of ppl who advice you and everything will be clear in couple minuts. :D