How much should you text a girl?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Yummybud20, Oct 13, 2012.

1. This girl I met 4 weeks ago we hung out a few times and texted and chatted online quite a bit. Yesterday I asked her out officially and now she's gone to this family event for the weekend with friends (including her guy friends).

she did text me today telling me what she is doing. I don't know if I should text her tonight and say good night or something .

I want to show her I care but don't want to be needy and obsessive. like if I don't text her tonight she might be thinking why didn't he text me.

she's not really my girlfriend yet I guess, I've hung out with her as friends and now i asked her out on a date we haven't even kissed yet.

but I can tell she likes me and I like her to. i'm honestly not a person that texts all day but not sure if girls like that.

so far she's been the one pretty much texting me and I text her back.

2. Lots of girls text all day long... I don't like texting that much though because my words always get misconstrued and misunderstood. I also find it much more sincere to actually talk to someone if possible. Also, if she's texting you first and you're answering you know how often she likes to text. So just match that. And yes, tell her goodnight and good morning. I don't know about other girls, but when my bf tells me gn or gm or texts or calls to see if I'm okay, I go weak in the knees to the day and it's been 6 years... I don't know why... It just makes me melt... But especially at the beginning, it really got me.

3. well I want to say goodnight to her tonight but we just started dating and I won't see her till like monday or tuesday.

4. then tell her goodnight lol. and good morning. not only is it sweet, but it's just polite too. it's the gentlemanly thing to do. she'll dig. it's not weird or anything. and if you won't see her for a while all the more reason to text and call her... including goodnight and good morning lol. it just shows that you're thinking about her and that's what we want to hear (but only if it's true). we want to know you're thinking about us, you care about us, etc.

5. ^^ Yeah be outgoing. Show her that you do care. If you don't text her she might think, "Oh he's not thinking about me or he doesn't care that much." So yeah it would be best if you said goodnight and good morning. Also I know a lot of girls who really like it when the guy texts her first. Text her randomly throughout the day. Just saying stuff like "Hey!" or "I'm thinking about you." If she thinks its weird then you will be able to tell by the way she reacts, she might be dull about her responses or she might not even respond. But she might also be busy so don't confuse those. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't love it when you do stuff like that. It's the little things that count.

6. Is this the same girl who was trying to hook you up with her friend?

7. Agreeeeee!! I love when he texts me randomly... it gives me butterflies lol. And yes, if she's not digging you'll definitely know. Her responses will be different... Like I always say lol at the end of almost everything (lol) because I laugh at everything (lol again lol). If I weren't into the texts I'd just stop putting that and emojis/text faces and stuff. Trust me, you'll know lol. The little things are the big things for me :)

8. No this is the girl I liked not her friend that was trying to hook up with me. I told this girl I like that I am not into her friend and that I like her. and then I asked her out and she said she had fun with me.

also yesterday I only have her a hug and she stopped and looked at me and I hadn't said anything and she asked me if I said anything else, I think she wanted me to kiss her but I didn't want to rush and force things.

9. i'll text her tonight and ask her how her night is going. she's probably going to be drinking with buddies.

10. Yeah man, she probably wanted you to kiss her. Oh well, it's hard to tell sometimes. Next time just go for it if you get any sort of feeling that she wants you to kiss her. Like I said, girls love it when your spontaneous and outgoing.

11. Yeah I think it's wise for you to check in on her, I'm not so sure if you should say goodmorning right off the bat, she may take it as you being already attached , but you should probably text her sometime tomorrow.

I personally don't like texting too much, I feel the quality of my conversations with a female are better when we've been separated for a few days, plus I've damaged relationships while texting when speaking on serious matters, if we were in person i ccould have taken control with the conversation

12. yeah I was worried texting all the time would kill the relationship pretty fast so early.

I should probably just ask her how her night is tonight. she was the one that texted me today morning.

I can't see how she wouldn't like me texting her. It's a hard decision, text too much and it can look needy and even controlling, and not text enough and looks like you don't really care about her much.

13. i'm sure i'll see her monday when she comes back. although I'm crazy busy...... I have a shit load of school work that i'm behind. i'm trying to catchup this weekend.

14. If she texted you then that means that she wants to talk to you, and she would probably like it a lot if you texted her first. She wont think that your being needy or controlling, unless you go way over board. And I always tell girls goodnight and good morning if I text them early, even the girls I don't know very well and when I'm just friends with them. They usually think it's cute, and if they don't well fuck it, I don't care. I know that if I was a girl I would like that kind of attention from a guy. That's just my opinion.
    :wave:

15. You and me both :/