How much should I water and how often.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pugbacon, Sep 2, 2016.

1. First time indoor grower. Growing Critical Kush in a 4x4 tent. Temps are in control between 60s and 81 F. I'm growing in 5g pots. I just started flowering stage about 5 days ago. How much water and how ofter should I be watering? I'm thinking about Nuting every other or every third watering or as my girls show signs of hunger.

Thanks
    Last night's pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. It depends on how your schedule was before. Theyre obviously thirsty if its dry two 3 inches down. But now thst theyre flowering theyll need water more often, not necessarily more water. So if you have been everyother day maybe everyday now?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was able to get away with 5 to 7 days between waterings but it's obvious I need to increase my frequency at this point maybe every 2 to 4 days now. They were super limpy and droopy this morning. So I watered .5g and let them sit in the runoff till they soaked it all up.

4. Has putting the fans on the end of the light made a difference as in keeping the temp down?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. It sure has. A good 7F drop in heat. I also cut out a 6inch hole on the home made reflector to help guide the heat through it since the carbon filter is over the lights. Switching from cfl to led on one side also helped.

6. I was only thinking of doing that with the fans earlier then I've just seen this. Brilliant. I've got 2 600w hps duel spectrum lights which will be going on in the next few weeks and I just know I'm gonna have some trouble keeping the temp down in there. Running out of damn plug sockets ha. Your grow looks decent bro mine are almost a week old now well a week in coco from seed. Probs roughly same height but yours have more leaves. I've just repotted mine today as the roots was coming out the bottom of the pots.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice setup bro. Mine looked like that during week 1 and 2 also but they were in solo cups. Once I saw 4 to 6 set of leaves I transfered to 1g pots and the grew 4 times in size within 2 weeks. I too had heat and dry humidity concerns so I built the swamp cooler to increase RH from the teens to about 40 to 60% since I'm in the southwest. I banked on starting near the end of July since evenings drop from the high 90s to low 60s and run my lights during night. Now I'm using a 12/1 method of lights on during my flowering stage. So far it's working great. I haven't noticed a reduction in growth and compared to another grower near me who started the same time, my plants look better , taller, thicker and more nodes than using 18/6 and 12/12 methods. Then again this is my first indoor grow. I'm hoping to get some yields comparable to outdoor grows.

Week 1
    [​IMG]

Week 3ish or so
    [​IMG]

Week 6ish or so
    [​IMG]

Last few days LED only
    [​IMG]

CFL only
    [​IMG]

8. That looks smart mate. Mine was in small plastic cups yesterday but the roots was coming out the bottom so I thought I'd put them in to these 8L breathable 1,s. When I took them out I was surprised to see all the roots and they had circled at the bottom.
    I think I'll see how this goes as its my 1st grow then I may treat myself to a LED set up.
    [​IMG]
    My set up at the minute. Before the girls went in obviously.

[​IMG]
    The roots. Will have been in coco 1 week on Monday

9. I don't know how much it will help but are you using a Super Spreader? They could help your temps a little bit using Hid lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Nice Set upI like CFLs how close do you have them from them tops? If your going into flower your gonna want them pretty close no more then 3 inches IMO. But it looks like everything is Looking busy Good Job Plus I see you have some recessed lighting with the LED light.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. My plants dont drink too much, I only water them once they become dry and thats like every 7 days. They are 1 month old from sprout, dont know why its that stretched, but its been growing very well and there is enough light for them, I guess just genetics, had no time to tie the branches down so I think its too late to do that now, so I just let it grow naturally, they are in 5gallon pots from sprout, autos.

1472903382547.jpg

1472903391576.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ur setup looks sweet. One thing I would do is try to place that (I'm assuming our exhaust black tube) exhaust up high instead of low. The reasoning is that heat rises therefor u want to try to suck out that heat and not the cooler air at the bottom of the tent. This may help with heat control.

13. I've got a carbon filter which all that is connected to that 6ft up the pipe goes down under the floor blowing the shit out

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure if it was just sitting in the tent. That should work IMO.

15. No it's not in the tent haha. Just brought another 300w cfl all the girls are in bigger pots so just sit and wait now I guess.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Make sure you are reducing nitrogen while in flower stage. To muck N will stretch ur plants. They look delish though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Give it time. U will usually see visible growth about 48hrs after watering and exponential growth once the roots expand in the larger pots. I was a bit concerned when I first started my indoor grow because my plants would stop growing once the roots taped out of their smaller pots. When I transfered to my 5g pots was when I saw significant growth over night . Keep it up. Keep it simple and have fun.

18. I'm enjoying can't wait for the end results as hear barnies farm G13 haze blows your mind haha.
    Just making sure I'm doing everything right so I get the best yield I can. What are you growing in ?

• Like Like x 1
  19. In terms of medium I'm using an organic soil by the name of ecoscraps. I was using fox farms soil but that was costly. I amend my soil with 25% perlite. And I top off the soil with perlite to keep insects off. The pots are 5g pots on my 5 large plants and 1g pots on my two babies. Critical Kush seeds that I got from my mentor buddy of mine are great for heat and temp conditions. The nutes I use are Alaska Fish Ferts all organic for veg.
    I was using a water cycle based on how my plants looked. So if they became droopy then I would water, but now that they are more thirsty, I plan on watering more frequently.
    Cannabis is a very resilient plant. After all it acts like a weed. It takes alot of negative actions (if u use all organic nutes and soil) to cause long term negative effects, such as over Nuting (organic products are designed to not burn ur crop unless u abuse or purposely double the required quantities ).
    Make sure u have constant air flow in the tent to make the plant stems stronger.
    Yields, if everything is done right and u don't over stress ur plants, is all dependent on the genetics of ur seed.
    But I'm basing my first indoor grow on my experience with outdoor grows.

What light cycle method are u using?

20. Ah ok. I'm using coco thought I'd try that 1st being my 1st grow. If all goes to plan I'll keep with it. At the minute there on 18/6 will keep them on that till I put them into flower then they will be on 12/12

• Like Like x 1