How much should I vape compared to smoking?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ZnOT, Nov 29, 2017.

1. I've bought a Hebe II Titan vaporizer (dry herb) an I'm wondering how much should I vape (how many hits) compared to smoking.

Usually 4-5 hits off a joint would get me high (though I used to smoke once or twice a week and it's been a month since I last smoked).

I decided to stop smoking for health issues but I want to try vaping with I consider is between smoking and eating.

The benefits it's you can better control the high and it lasts less (this can or cannot be a benefit but it is in my case)
    And it's obviously healthier than smoking.

Anyways, how much should I vape and does the effect differ from smoking or from eating?

Edit: Oh I also forgot, which temperature is better for getting high (while not burning the plant material)?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

2. You get about 26-30 % THC from a joint when smoking. Vaping gives you 50%+ so 5 joints would equal about 3 vape sessions.

It's funny that you say vaping high last less time because you're getting more THC into your body. Highs when I vape can sometimes last until the next day after about 3 bowls.

3. Really?
    I thought it would last the same as if i had smoked it.

Is it more like eating?

By 5 joints - 3 vape sessions you mean, if you smoked the whole joint right?

Also how many hits are needed (think of it as if I never tried weed) to feel the effects (I don't wanna get super high though).

4. Right, vaping a whole bowl vs smoking a normal size joint. We'll call it .5 grams. If you smoked 5 .5 gram joints, it would be equal to vaping 3 .5 gram sized bowls.

For me, it takes about one hit to feel the effects. Usually if I dont go more than one bowl, It last about 3 hours. Now if my tolerance is high from vaping constantly, it takes about a bowl to get me where I need to be. There is always the reverse effect as well where you smoke or vape and dont feel high. If this happens, I usually take a few days off or I find that out door activities helps bring the high back lol.

Eating, no. Eating makes THC break down in the liver which does so much more efficiently and provides much stronger effects than vaping or smoking. Smoking might make you feel higher because you're also taking in a bunch of carbon monoxide which by itself can provide a high feeling all on its own.

5. Alright thanks, and yeah I knew thc is processed in the liver and it's stronger that is why I was wondering how could the vaporizer high last way longer than a joint high.

6. Lots of variable to consider like the vape used, how well the load is prepared, user expectation on and on. My suggestion is follow the manufactures instructions till you are familiar with the vape and then you can judge for yourself.

7. I still have one question left, I've bought some indica (like, almost 100% indica, not a hybrid) and I don't know if you get different effects from sativa and indica when vaping.
    I want to vape the CBD also, do I need a specific temperature?

8. I still have one question left, I've bought some indica (like, almost 100% indica, not a hybrid) and I don't know if you get different effects from sativa and indica when vaping.

9. I still have one question left, I've bought some indica (like, almost 100% indica, not a hybrid) and I don't know if you get different effects from sativa and indica when vaping.

10. CBD boils off at 356 degrees, so anything above that will do the trick