How much should I sell my bong for?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by chongncheech, Sep 7, 2013.

1. alot of anger here, lol. Its a nice bong, in good condition, if you sell to average person prob get up to 200 maybe 250 if they really like it. If you are able to find a collector or somebody who wants to start collecting chong stuff then it is really going to depend on availabilty, where do chongs bongs sell? Is there an auction house any where or consignment store? Look in the places chong is connected to for the best sell, his home town, where it was made, places that have been influnced by him the most. I don't know much about Mr. Chong bu t I would think that so cal would be the target area for the higher sell price. Anybody know a little about the collecters market in southern cali? What would be the best forum to field the sell of this fine smoking memorabilia? And I agree with the above poster regarding the fact that its value will be greatly affected by chongs death, just remember what happened with Michael Jackson's death, the market got flooded right after he died so waiting a few years after would be best! Just my 2 cents.

2. i hope not. 

3. ill give you 80 for an illy, all day long. 

4. I've heard of chong glass pieces going for over a thousand dollars before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Chong bongs are worth thousands since operation pipe dream took nearly all of them off the market. I wouldn't sell it for a penny less than 900 bucks and you could probably get even more. That's a collectors piece

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. you can buy the old jerome bakers from the operation pipe dreams era for a lot less than $900

7. Cool

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. On the cali craigslist there are two 18" for sale. One is 900 used without bowl or downstem the other is the el fuego model for 2000 used

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I bought mine for 1200

10. It might be "worth" that, but good luck getting someone to pay 900.  That's a lot for a piece of glass, and if you find a local collector... maybe, but high-end glass-heads have gone in another direction since that piece came out... oil rigs are much more popular now, especially for worked glass pieces, and even beyond that, scientific/worked are "in."

Yes, it's a collectors piece, but I'm not sure there's a lot of Chong collectors...

I'd say your best bet is Nuggetry Glass, it's an online forum for buying and selling used glass.

11. apparently youve never seen someone spend 6000+ on a sov or snic collab, its not about the functionality its about owning a piece of history and art that makes chong bongs so collectable, I personally love how much personality they have