How much should I sell my bong for?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by chongncheech, Sep 7, 2013.

1. When sid I say it was new?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you really want to make money on this piece you should go to boromarket. You have to pay to get an account but there are plenty of people that are serious about glass there...

3. Sorry for my spelling

4. Yeah I forgot about boromarket. How much is a subscription $50? Thx again..

5. You said "Whats wrong with saying it's used in new condition". And I said it being listed as new is deceptive. It's either used, or new, when it comes to glass.

6. Yeah it's 50 bucks and they aren't always accepting new members...if you are only going to sell that one piece it might not be worth it BUT I don't think you could get 300-400 bucks on iOffer...you could get that much on boromarket for sure. Lots of people looking for Chong pieces in good condition. 

7. There's nothing wrong with saying "like new", I'm just saying, don't expect more money because of the number of times you used it.  I'm speaking from a little bit of experience with trading/selling/buying used glass.  Pretty much everyone expects a listed piece to be flawless, like new condition.  If there is a flaw, you are expected to mention it and show pictures. 

You aren't the only person in the world.  Some of my comments were for other people who posted talking about selling glass.  You posted in a forum so there will be some conversation outside of just your topic.  At any rate, if you have a chong piece and are trying to sell it, you should get a bit of an education in selling/trading/buying used glass, so just read and learn something and stop thinking that learning something is lame.

This ain't walmart.  The price you set for something is dependent on several factors.  Rarity of what you're selling (you're good on that with a chong bong), desirability of what you're selling (hard to say here, it's a small market so it depends on where you find buyers), and how badly you need the money (this dictates how long you are willing to take to find the right buyer).  I can't tell you what to charge for it. I'd go online, do the research, find out what other pieces like this go for, and then set my price accordingly.  

At this point with people making offers and ish, I'd feel weird about getting in the way with my opinions on how much it's worth, or how much I would hold out for.  If you're willing to sell it for 200 then sell it for that.  It's not my place to get in the middle of someone else's deal.

If I tell you it's worth 180 and I'm interested in buying it...do you trust me?  If I'm interested, why wouldn't I lowball the ish out of you?  Do the research YOURSELF.

The way you're going about valuing the piece...if it's worth 250 in 2002 so it's worth 200 now....horrible.  I can't begin to tell you how wrong that is.

8. Mr. Longposts. You have the ability to type the obcious how about you answer the simple question? Feel free you aren't getting in the way of a sale as I am not selling on the site.

9. Mr. Longpost is you..sorry if I wasn't clear.

10. You also mention not to expect more based on the condition. What are you trying to say hear? Should I expect a used dirty rig to go for more or the same as one in like new condition?

11. #51 mogwi411, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
    I'm saying that nobody puts up used dirty rigs...they wouldn't get sold.  It's illegal, there's resin.  Every piece I've ever sold has been in pristine condition, every piece I've ever bought used has been in pristine condition.  It doesn't matter that some were probably 1 year old, and some were maybe 3 weeks old.  If it has a flaw, the seller is expected to tell people otherwise the expectation is that it is "like new" condition.  Of course the savvy seller should always verify this with pictures.

You would expect more based on condition, but not based on "newness" unless it has never been used.

Really, stop being defensive.  I'm TELLING YOU, unless you take a breath, chill out, and do the research....you are going to get ripped off.  If you don't want to listen...it's on you.

12. You would expect more based on condition not newness? What are you talking about? I stated both..I said it was used a few sessions in new condition.

After all your long posts can you or the chong much mixup guy answer the simple question? With all your long posts what have you taught me?

13. Obviously the item can be either new or used. I mentioned it was used a few sessions. You think I'm telling people its brand new only used a few sessions?

14. Don't you think it's important to mention it was used a few times compared to daily use for a bong 10 years old?

15. Would you have been happy if I said "pristine" instead of "like new"?

16. #56 shaggish, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013

he wants $1500 for it. Boromarket. Facebook. or Nuggetry would be my suggestions

17. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I havnt decided how much to put it up for..thx

18. For a friend 60 bucks

Some random person maybe 100 

19. id honetsly keep the bong. once tommy chong passes away itll be worth ALOT(hopefully not anytime soon). just like the ppl who bought all the $5 shirts of MJ wen he died and sold them for 100 in front of the hospitle. you can then sell the bong for 300 and buy a nice pice of glass

20. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Tommy Chong will never pass away!